Templeton 6 y/o

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A 6 y/o Templeton Rye popped up on the Michigan new items list a few days ago. Has anybody seen a label for this or heard anything?

10 hours ago, Josh said:

A 6 y/o Templeton Rye popped up on the Michigan new items list a few days ago. Has anybody seen a label for this or heard anything?

The 6 on their  label has been on shelves in this area for a few months. 

They also have TTB approval for 4-year and 10-year age-stated labels...

Of course, if you're adding a flavoring package, does it really matter how old it is?

2 hours ago, GrPeMi said:

Of course, if you're adding a flavoring package, does it really matter how old it is?

After reading the charges and law suits they made my banned list.  :unsure:

3 hours ago, p_elliott said:

Why buy Tempelton Rye when Bulliet Rye is the same thing and cheaper?

And a lot of others as well! Is it any higher proof or just the same regular "flavored" crap as always? Redemption has been doing cask strength MGP rye for awhile. Although like everything else their prices are getting a bit excessive.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to start the thread and then disappear! I'm not advocating that anyone buy this stuff, just curious about it. As GrPeMi asked, what's the point in having an aged version if you're just flavoring it anyway? 

I haven't seen any of it with a 6 around here. I'll keep an eye out, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that the flavoring formula was also aged 6 years. That's how Al Capone liked his flavoring formulas.

• 5 months later...
On 4/27/2016 at 10:49 PM, amg said:

I hope that the flavoring formula was also aged 6 years. That's how Al Capone liked his flavoring formulas.

Ha Ha! yes...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 9:20 AM, Josh said:

Sorry to start the thread and then disappear! I'm not advocating that anyone buy this stuff, just curious about it. As GrPeMi asked, what's the point in having an aged version if you're just flavoring it anyway? 

I haven't seen any of it with a 6 around here. I'll keep an eye out, though.

OMG, Josh, you mean you REALLY are looking for this?

I stopped back when Chuck posted about it in 2014.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.