The next batch of Rare Breed

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've had the RR rye but I think it was 90 proof or so.  At barrel proof I think it would be a winner.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:13 PM, ken_mays said:

I've had the RR rye but I think it was 90 proof or so.  At barrel proof I think it would be a winner.

The RR single barrel rye is 104 proof. It's a little pricy but worth picking up IMHO

• 1 month later...

I really liked the Rare Breed 108, but not as impressed with the 112 version. Still good, but I don't know if it's $15-$20 better than the WT101

• 5 months later...

Just curious - anyone tried the 116.8 yet?  I've seen a couple of pretty positive reviews, but there's very little first-hand opinion out there yet.

6 minutes ago, Guardian Enzo said:

Just curious - anyone tried the 116.8 yet?  I've seen a couple of pretty positive reviews, but there's very little first-hand opinion out there yet.

I had it side by side with the 112.8 last pour of that bottle with the first of the 116.8, found the 116.8 a little underwhelming then, had another pour last week and maybe it opened up but I thought it was fantastic, had pours of MMCS, 1792 FP and a Smooth Ambler Single Barrel in the same night and the WTRB was my favorite pour.  May try to grab another 112.8 before it's all gone to do a side by side again.

Thanks.  Any notes on the color - did it look significantly darker than the 112.8?

11 hours ago, Guardian Enzo said:

I'm about half way through a bottle of the 116.8 that I bought a few months ago. I can't compare it to the 112.8 because I've not had it. I find it full of flavor with a real rich mouth feel. A couple drops of water really tames the high alcohol content as well as opening it up. The thing I really enjoy about it is the HUGE finish. It leaves your mouth full of flavor that lasts and lasts.

Oddly enough the liquor store I bought it at now only has the 112.8 on the shelves now. I'll have to pick up a bottle and compare the two.

20170117_163256.jpg

18 hours ago, Guardian Enzo said:

Thanks.  Any notes on the color - did it look significantly darker than the 112.8?

To my eyes which admittedly are limited (I'm somewhat color blind) they are really similar.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, Guardian Enzo said:

Why would it be significantly darker?  It's probably got a higher percentage of younger whiskey than the 112.

Because I've seen a couple of shots where it definitely looks darker, so I'm curious.  Photos can obviously be deceiving. 

Ok thanks I hadn't noticed that. The older batches are noticeably darker than the newer 112.8

• 1 month later...

Just grabbed one of these yesterday. Will try it tonight with Kozman and let you guys know what I think.

Forgot about this thread even though I started it. Just realized the current bottle of RB I'm drinking from is the new one. Have to say I like it quite a bit. Has a salted butter popcorn thing going on along with the other typical flavor characteristics that is quite appealing.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:20 PM, Stever said:

Just grabbed one of these yesterday. Will try it tonight with Kozman and let you guys know what I think.

Great pour Steve! Thanks bro! Finish was long and delicious. Gotta get me one!

On 4/23/2017 at 10:24 AM, Kozman said:

Great pour Steve! Thanks bro! Finish was long and delicious. Gotta get me one!

No prob. Almost gone.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.