What Rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2016

dboland
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/12/2016 at 0:36 PM, KyleCBreese said:

SAOS7 on sale for $35. I may have to go back and get them all. They are on close out. Batch 13 from May 2013. They never sold at this store, so they finally put them on sale. 

Damn!  always on the look out for this.  great price.

I picked up some rittenhouse BIB and a bottle of punt y mes... manhattans here we come

Found a HWRR finished in a bourbon barrel so I can SBS with my recently purchased RR. Been on a HW kick lately.

I ordered 12 Liter bottles of Bulleit Rye, since London is kind of a rye desert, or at least, what offerings are here are marked up insanely vs the US.

Sue me, I like that MGP stuff!  The spice and mintyness seem to stack up as you drink it.

It's not my fave rye, but it's the best rye I can get here for 32 pounds a bottle.

I'm not happy about supporting Diageo - but I tell myself I'm REALLY supporting MGP.

Went to one of my favorite stores and picked up the last bottle of SAOS that they had on sale for $35. Batch 13 from May 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I know it isn't an American bottle but I found a 750ml of Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye marked down with a final cost of about $17.75. It was hard to resist at that price and turned out to be a good drink as well.

Stopped in my usual store and the manager mentioned there was a bottle of Baby Saz with my name on if I was interested. Err, yes please!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Picked up a bottle of Collingwood 21yr rye for the bunker, flying in the face of my "align purchasing to consumption" mantra (but justified it as a "dusty", so buying on sight is acceptable!)

Picked up a bottle of Collingwood 21yr rye for the bunker, flying in the face of my "align purchasing to consumption" mantra (but justified it as a "dusty", so buying on sight is acceptable!)

Whatever keeps you out of trouble with SWMBO my man.

Caved and picked up a couple of bottles of Michter's Barrel Strength.  $70 per bottle, so not crazy.  Heard too many good things about this release to continue to pass up the last two bottles on the shelf.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:06 AM, jeffrey r said:

Caved and picked up a couple of bottles of Michter's Barrel Strength.  $70 per bottle, so not crazy.  Heard too many good things about this release to continue to pass up the last two bottles on the shelf.

I guess I'm going to have to pick one up too. I'm usually the one to pick up and try this kind of stuff when it comes out.

In a tiny LS outside of a small honky tonk town near me, I found a bottle of Baby Saz. Just under $25. It was on the bottom shelf and I literally had to wipe the dust off of it. It went home with me.

Hi all glad to meet you...

Just joined up today...haven't bought anything today yet but there is still time!...if i found a big pile of dollars down the back of the couch i'd be on the hunt for a bottle of The Bitter Truth 24YO...Its 13,000 Dollars at Flask!...anyone seen it any cheaper anywhere?  I heard a rumour off a buddy in london that there is some there?...just need that lottery ticket to come in !!

Joe

11 hours ago, Joegrowler said:

Hi all glad to meet you...

Just joined up today...haven't bought anything today yet but there is still time!...if i found a big pile of dollars down the back of the couch i'd be on the hunt for a bottle of The Bitter Truth 24YO...Its 13,000 Dollars at Flask!...anyone seen it any cheaper anywhere?  I heard a rumour off a buddy in london that there is some there?...just need that lottery ticket to come in !!

Joe

Um, just saying - for the price of ONE 24YO Bitter Truth, you (apparently because I didn't check your prices) could buy, literally, a lifetime's supply (if you are over 30 @ 60 750ml bottles per year) of EXCELLENT 110 proof rye produced  by Heaven Hill (of course, I'm referring to Pikesville Rye 110 proof).  Let's see -- a lifetime's supply of Pikesville vs. one bottle of something I've never tasted vs. what my wife will say when the semitrailer with HEAVEN HILL on the side shows up.  If I make through that first day, I am truly set for life.  If I don't make it through that first day, I won't know what I'm missing.

If anyone knew where to find a screaming deal on Bitter Truth or any of those other legendary ryes from that lot they wouldn't tell you because it likely already be on their shelf.

Also, sign me up for front row 50 yard line seats when the Heaven Hill semi truck shows up in front of Harry's house. I want to see how he negotiates that as well as how he manages to fit the entire contents of said trailer into his trunk.

Hi 

I checked wine searcher today and this came up in London so guess my buddy was onto something...they got 3 bottles WTF!!!..the UK pound is in the gutter at the minute so actually getting cheaper by the day...still its 6,000USD so maybe a truck full of something else is a better bet!

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/bitter+truth+rye

I want a sip if you buy one!

joe

• 2 months later...

Picked up Pendelton 1910  80 proof 12 year old. Not reviewed well, but the NH liquor stores are closing it out. $17.99 a bottle. At that price it's worth a try. Got a baby Saz last week for $29.99

Ted

I picked up another HWMWND, Act 4 scene 4 at $89, which seems to be the general going rate around here right now. They seem to have dropped a lot of MWND in NJ this year, as I am seeing bottles literally all over the place. As many times as I see it, I can't keep buying bottles, but I've picked up a couple of Act 4's for the bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.