fishnbowljoe

BOTM 5/16: Old Grand Dad BIB

Ozark   
Ozark
25 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Ozark - Welcome to the OTHER cult.;)  Also, I've been drinking it for manymany years, but this week was the first time I added a mixer.  Like Jim Beam White and Coke, OGD BIB and ginger ale approaches perfection. ASIDE: I think I'm becoming obsessed with the OGD Highball.  Can't stop thinking about it.

I read the ginger ale comment a few threads back, what the hell, i'll try it. Thanks!

Edited by Ozark

Richnimrod   
Richnimrod
1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I think I'm becoming obsessed with the OGD Highball.  Can't stop thinking about it.

Hee-Hee!   True dat, my friend.    Like the first kiss, and heavy petting with a really hot chick, ain't it?    Just gets right into yer psyche!

Ozark   
Ozark
8 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Hee-Hee!   True dat, my friend.    Like the first kiss, and heavy petting with a really hot chick, ain't it?    Just gets right into yer psyche!

[Insert Donna Summer Song]

b1gcountry   
b1gcountry

Not even close. ..

Harry in WashDC   
Harry in WashDC
10 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

Not even close. ..

At my age, yes, it is, too.  At least I know I won't embarrass myself in front of the OGD.:unsure:

GeeTen   
GeeTen
On 5/10/2016 at 0:21 AM, Harry in WashDC said:

At my age, yes, it is, too.  At least I know I won't embarrass myself in front of the OGD.:unsure:

Moi aussi!   :lol:

Chuckles   
Chuckles

My dear Old Grand Dad (BIB), how I have ignored you for too long. In my bar days, I always asked for the bonded bourbon (usually the quality bourbon being poured, and also a good test to see if the bartender had a clue). Often my reward was OGD. These days the value BIB in my home bar is Old Barton, with OGD114, another good value, right there in the rotation too. But frankly, the "new" Old Barton BIB, with the silly 6 on the neck label mocking me, is not what it used to be. So went shopping last week and reached down to the familiar orange-capped bottle (still, at my store), opening it that night. I've enjoyed several pours since, and ODG may be my new bonded go-to. Nice color, pleasant nose, good taste (not complex, but no off notes), smooth with a little afterburn, and a fine, lingering finish. A great value, highly recommended. Good call on this BOTM, Joe.

gblick   
gblick

I like the OGD BIB enough, but prefer the OGD 114.

BDanner   
BDanner

Love the OGD 114 and really like the OGD BIB. I don't mix often (Old Fashioneds and Bourbon & Cola or ginger ale), but this makes an excellent mixer. Enough character and spice to punch through whatever you're mixing it with. I can often find it in my state on sale for $17 so it's a great value.