fricky
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Earlier this week, I learned that a new limited edition of 1792 was released. It is called Full Proof and the proof is 125. It is little less than 9 years old and was not chill filtered.

The name suggests that it may not be barrel proof; however, it is reported to be the same proof as the barrel entry proof. I look forward to tasting it but since I live in a

bourbon wasteland, I can only hope to find it in Kentucky during my next visit.

I'm with you on this one, Doug.    I gather it's proofed down only a bit from barrel-proof to get it back to the 'barrel entry proof' of 125, then filtered by some physical means rather than chilling and adding more water.    If it is "minimally" filtered, and at 125-proof, I'd imagine it will be a very nice pour.     I have no expectation of finding it on any shelf in Michigan either.     When Sweet Wheat was distributed none was ever on any shelf around me nor anybody I know in the Mitten State.

I wonder how many cases of this "Full Proof" will be distributed Nationally?     ...And, to which States, in what quantities?    And, when it will arrive?      Anybody have any info?

I just read about this one also. If I come across it, I'll pick it up for sure, but I won't chase it. It sounds good. 

When we recently did a 1792 pick, the proof range at 8 yrs was high 130s (can't recall if any just topped 140; it was a fairly narrow range).  I'd expect that these were similar if not slightly higher, so 125 won't be "barrel proof", but I'm sure it will be a really nice full flavored pour!  And probably more consistency release to release than if it were full barrel proof (which I normally would prefer, but I think 125 is close enough for me!)

• 5 weeks later...

I still for some reason have not tried any iteration of 1792.

that one is still on my list, just never bought a bottle to try.... Yet

On May 21, 2016 at 10:49 AM, darylld911 said:

When we recently did a 1792 pick, the proof range at 8 yrs was high 130s (can't recall if any just topped 140; it was a fairly narrow range).  I'd expect that these were similar if not slightly higher, so 125 won't be "barrel proof", but I'm sure it will be a really nice full flavored pour!  And probably more consistency release to release than if it were full barrel proof (which I normally would prefer, but I think 125 is close enough for me!)

Gary, I found a note in my phone that says Barton barrel #5 141.9. I didn't realize I was noting the proofs ( tasting through 5 140ish barrels will do that LOL!!). Looking very much forward to this when it arrives.

I wish I knew where all the special 1792 releases were being sent.  I haven't seen any in Ohio or in any stores I stopped in during a recent long road trip.  I've tried and loved the Port Finish and am very interested in the Full Proof version 

On 6/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, heydobro said:

I wish I knew where all the special 1792 releases were being sent.  I haven't seen any in Ohio or in any stores I stopped in during a recent long road trip.  I've tried and loved the Port Finish and am very interested in the Full Proof version 

The ones I have seen, have been the Port Finish, and that was at my local.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.