Crown Royal Noble Collection: Cornerstone Blend

GreggJ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of this as I became a pretty big fan of the CR Monarch. 

The Nose is phenomenal.  I realize that freshly opened bottles can be iffy but the flavors seemed very nice but too muted.  Hopefully some air will open this up a bit as it has a very nice flavor profile.  

I should have been a little leary as I find anything bottled at 80 proof a bit soft.  I find 86-95 proof range seems to be the sweet spot.  Really liked the CR Monarch especially with a dollop of CR Barrel Proof on top.  This became a favorite of mine.  I will let it air out a little and try it with a little help from the CR Barrel Proof.   

It will be interesting to see what others think and how this opens up.  I will try to update in a couple weeks to see if there are any changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that the crown royal noble cornerstone is the best of all had the 16 and xr red box! Sad because 10,000 cases only last so long but there's next year. 

Haven't had the CRC16 but am interested in new Canadian offerings.  A lot of nonSBers I know look down their noses at them OR buy them because they are cheap.  I figure there has to be more to them since they sell so much "down here".  BTW, welcome to SB.  USA's pretty big -any particular part, or do you travel alot?:D  If you do spend time with Canadian whiskeys, PLEASE share your thoughts - some of us really appreciate candid comments.

• 4 months later...

I really liked the CR cask 16 when it was around so I decided to try a bottle of Cornerstone.   My initial assessment was no where near as good as C16, it was indeed pretty good Pleasing nose and nice finish.    After  4 months when I revisited it was not nearly as good.   A buddy,s assessment was also pretty much the same and neither of us think it is worth the price.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.