PA Distilleries

Dick Griffin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We've just opened Griffin Whiskey, selling Uncle Lum's Whiskeys in Bellefonte PA, and noticed that there is little coordination between the 70 some other distilleries in the state.  PA just passed an amendment to its liquor control laws that will have a significant impact on our businesses.  Hopefully, this site will provide a on-line gathering place for us.

That would be great! Seems like there's a bunch of folks that have just come into production or will within the next few months. It would be great if the state would create or sponsor a "PA Whisky Trail" or something like it.

On June 11, 2016 at 6:25 PM, ethangsmith said:

That would be great! Seems like there's a bunch of folks that have just come into production or will within the next few months. It would be great if the state would create or sponsor a "PA Whisky Trail" or something like it.

E, I would think that y'all's experience with state sponsored liquor stores in PA would sufficiently dissuade you from any hopes that the "state" would be involved with a "PA Whiskey Trail", at all!  :lol:

From what I've heard, for states with state controlled stores, the whiskey trail is to the nearest border (at least for the people that live close enough).

But seriously welcome and good luck PA distillers.

Based on the new whiskies produced in Pennsylvania that I have tasted, it would have to be called The Pennsylvania Swill Trail. I am not interested in tasting any more "new" Pennsylvania whiskey until it has significant age.

Welcome aboard! Can you tell us more about your whiskey? As many details as you can spare.

• 3 months later...

Dick you might consider setting up a Pennsylvania Craft Distillers Association. It can act as a clearing house for this kind of information and lobby.

Gary

Edited by Gillman

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.