What rum are you drinking today?

bdrinker

On 4/28/2017 at 9:33 AM, sailor22 said:

CC-3.jpg

Is this comparable to the 'Green Label' rum that Cadenhead's bottled some years back?

Edited by Kpiz

7 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Is this comparable to the 'Green Label' rum that Cadenhead's bottled some years back?

I don't know. This is a blend of Guyanese and Jamaican if I'm not mistaken.  It has some pot still funk balanced agains a honeycomb sweetness.  

Been drinking a fair amount of Don Pancho 18 of late, delicious stuff

Sitting by the pool on a perfect Sunday afternnon here in North Florida....wishing I was in the islands. Lets go on a voyage with Admiral Rodney. Easy going with soft notes of butterscotch and buttered popcorn, a delightful companion from St Lucia Distillers on my afternoon fantasy cruise of the Caribbean.

Admiral Rodney-6.jpg

Also by the pool, and also wishing I was in the islands. Rum punch with a combo of seales 10 and wray and nephew white overproof.

I was inspired by discussion in another thread to open a sample of the St Lucia 1931 black label 4th edition that I got from a generous SBer. Some really interesting flavors in this, and it has a lot of flavor for 86 proof. This would be intense (in a good way) at cask strength.

After cleaning up some obliterated cork mess, I'm enjoying some El Dorado Single Barrel PM, not what I would have expected based on prior El Dorado experience but in a good way.

So while I was a bit put off by my cork experience I decided I would crack the bottle of El Dorado ICBU I picked up as well, and I'm really digging this one, lots of oak, vanilla and coconut.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very good Rum. Don't know a lot about it other than it's a good siper. 

IMG_1800.thumb.JPG.78fea4660bce58afb00f585857c09a7c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

El Dorado 8 in a Dark & Stormy - much better than the Gosling's Black Seal (the cheap stuff).  This was recommended at an El Dorado tasting (better than the 3 & 5 yr, but not a waste of good/great rum from the 12+ bottlings).  Still using the Gosling's Diet Ginger Beer, tho'.  Very nice!    :D

8 hours ago, sailor22 said:

Delicious.... and worth the $

JOY2.jpg

I like Appleton Estate.

11 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

I like Appleton Estate.

Indeed, a lovely rum. Just have to decide if you like it $250 or so worth. If I see one I may take the plunge. But so far I haven't seen one.

1 minute ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Indeed, a lovely rum. Just have to decide if you like it $250 or so worth. If I see one I may take the plunge. But so far I haven't seen one.

Had no idea it was that much.:)

I have been known to spend stupid money on something I haven't tried, very occasionally I'll buy a second or even more rarely a third. The lure of trying something new almost always outweighs security of sipping what I know. Just the very special bottles I don't want to be without are replaced or bunkered (usually two deep).

I'm three deep on JOY and just ordered another.  Might tell you something.

$219 at Hi Time and Mission

2 hours ago, sailor22 said:

I have been known to spend stupid money on something I haven't tried, very occasionally I'll buy a second or even more rarely a third. The lure of trying something new almost always outweighs security of sipping what I know. Just the very special bottles I don't want to be without are replaced or bunkered (usually two deep).

I'm three deep on JOY and just ordered another.  Might tell you something.

$219 at Hi Time and Mission

If only I could get them to ship to Georgia!

6 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Tasty pour

IMG_20170702_212805973.jpg

Probably the best option available when Foursquare isn't readily available.

5 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Probably the best option available when Foursquare isn't readily available.

I just popped it yesterday, I couldn't pass it since it was higher proof then the other Real McCoy And Doorly's bottlings, basically tastes exactly how I would have imagined a slightly older slightly higher proof Doorly's XO to taste. Might grab another before they disappear. 

• 2 weeks later...

Drinking some Doorly's 12yo. I love the berry flavors that linger long after the sip is gone. One hell of a bottle for $25.