What rum are you drinking today?

bdrinker

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Want this, I’ll be on the lookout at my local Total Wine. How’s the pricing compared to the like Foursquare 2005, 2007?

At least in NY it is cheaper, I found it for $55 and got a 10% discount on top, haven't seen a ton of bottles around but all were $60 or less. 

• I like it 1

58 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

This release seems so limited, that Total Wine may not even carry it. Bottle was

$75.00— which seems in line for a non-solera age stated rum with balls. 

If you find yourself in NY looking for a backup let me know and I'll shoot you a few places that have it. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

If you find yourself in NY looking for a backup let me know and I'll shoot you a few places that have it. 

Thanks— sounds like you got a good deal. Apparently only two cases or less made it into the state, hence the higher asking price. As a rule, I don’t stock any duplicates— I’ve got plenty to work on as it stands. 

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Thanks— sounds like you got a good deal. Apparently only two cases or less made it into the state, hence the higher asking price. As a rule, I don’t stock any duplicates— I’ve got plenty to work on as it stands. 

Good rule, one I should start to follow myself

At least in NY it is cheaper, I found it for $55 and got a 10% discount on top, haven't seen a ton of bottles around but all were $60 or less. 

Ok this is in my price range. I have a few rums on the short list. I need to get busy drinking.
  • I like it 1

First and second pours tonight. Amazing. Amazing.

Foursquare rums are pulling me away from whiskeys....kinda.IMG_20190814_195149341.jpg

• I like it 2

On 8/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Marekv8 said:

I don’t mind leaving it as long as I have a good feel for what it tastes like. Looks like I’m only bringing three bottles back— which may be down to two if I can’t make everything fit. Walked away from some serious, serious temptation at the Robert Graham 1874 shop today.

Next time mail it to me domestically in the UK (totally legal)! I hate to see a good Demerara go down the drain.

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Bowman Rum is pairing very well with an Olivia G after too much food and beer at the Yardhouse.  

52810A86-1B59-4C80-A92F-5B4A5899BC7A.jpeg

• I like it 2

Bowman Rum is pairing very well with an Olivia G after too much food and beer at the Yardhouse.  
52810A86-1B59-4C80-A92F-5B4A5899BC7A.thumb.jpeg.1a908ee2e36a7e989a9539927c66b06c.jpeg

Alert the media...Joe is drinking rum!
  • I like it 1

So being from Louisiana, I am currently drinking Rum and Coke made with Bayou spiced rum. The vanilla forward spice is really nice and reminds me of home. 

Tonight I will switch to Mt. Gay XO to close the day. 

• I like it 1

I had some peaches that were a day past due, if you will, so what is one to do?  Peach daiquiris with Doorly's 12 of course!  And if you're doing that, you gotta go ahead and grill up some jerk chicken and corn for lunch, right? 

IMG_20190901_1402304.jpg

• I like it 5

Last drops while I prepare dinner. This was an excellent daily drinker that competed with my bourbons after a long work day.

IMG_20190907_221251.jpg

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A gratis Panama-Pacific 9yo as the perfect warm-up to a late ass dinner. 

BA239E29-03A7-44B6-B68F-A90E2C9D9D42.jpeg

I really liked that Panama 9yo. It's a hint sweet, but what nice flavors. I liked it more than what they called the (23?) which seemed rather tired by comparison. 

Wish I knew the makeup of these...

Cheers!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, RWBadley said:

I really liked that Panama 9yo. It's a hint sweet, but what nice flavors. I liked it more than what they called the (23?) which seemed rather tired by comparison. 

Wish I knew the makeup of these...

Cheers!

It pairs great with food-- especially dessert, but it's really rare to find in on-premise. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that orders it here, which is why they're phasing it out.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

It pairs great with food-- especially dessert, but it's really rare to find in on-premise. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person that orders it here, which is why they're phasing it out.

I was lucky to find one, and then another at my local. For a mid 30's$ bottle- not too shabby

Brought a dram to the airport— one of the key components is obviously molasses, comes across as s liqueur. 

19CD54A9-75D3-483D-AAD2-F791005EB7A7.thumb.jpeg.68c433abdbd494112ac18aa12a888ee4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Coworker brought back a bottle of the Havana Club Maestros Triple Barreled and have me a sample. I’m liking this much more than I thought I would. I think I’m a buyer. For fun compared to my so far favorite budget rum and there very different.

00196a7c-5677-4346-8cc9-ece35850f1f3.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

• I like it 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:11 PM, HoustonNit said:

Coworker brought back a bottle of the Havana Club Maestros Triple Barreled and have me a sample. I’m liking this much more than I thought I would. I think I’m a buyer. For fun compared to my so far favorite budget rum and there very different.

00196a7c-5677-4346-8cc9-ece35850f1f3.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

That looks like it is an actual Cuban Havana Club. What we get here in the US is from PR and my understanding, it is essentially Bacardi. (it comes from them anyways, I've not had either)

That looks like it is an actual Cuban Havana Club. What we get here in the US is from PR and my understanding, it is essentially Bacardi. (it comes from them anyways, I've not had either)

Yeah this is the real Havana Club that my coworker picked up in Paris. I’ve never bothered with the US Barcadi version, which just seems to be marketing.
  • I like it 1

Interesting and educational morning with a flight consisting of…

• Hamilton Jamaican Pot Still Black & Gold 
  • Hamilton 86 proof & 151 Overproof (Demerara)
  • Hamilton White ’Stache
  • Hamilton Saint Lucia Pot Still 10 Year Old Cask Strength
  • La Favorite Vieux
  • Neisson Blanc
  • Neisson Réserve Spéciale
  • Hamilton Jamaican Pimento Dram
  • Petite Shrubb
  • Petite Canne Sugar Cane Syrup (this stuff is awesome)

all poured and lavishly described by Ed Hamilton himself-- immediately followed by a brutal session at the gym prior to heading back to the office.

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 5

Interesting and educational morning with a flight consisting of…
  • Hamilton Jamaican Pot Still Black & Gold 
  • Hamilton 86 proof & 151 Overproof (Demerara)
  • Hamilton White ’Stache
  • Hamilton Saint Lucia Pot Still 10 Year Old Cask Strength
  • La Favorite Vieux
  • Neisson Blanc
  • Neisson Réserve Spéciale
  • Hamilton Jamaican Pimento Dram
  • Petite Shrubb
  • Petite Canne Sugar Cane Syrup (this stuff is awesome)
all poured and lavishly described by Ed Hamilton himself-- immediately followed by a brutal session at the gym prior to heading back to the office.

Dave, It sounds like you had a very fun and interesting morning!