What rum are you drinking today?

bdrinker

Sometimes, I have no plans to open a bottle.  Then the mood strikes me, and I have to open it right now!  

Today was such a day.  Presently sipping on a SBS of the Rhum Clement 6 yo and 10 yo expressions.  

So rich, so complex, so yummy.  Wow.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Guss West said:

Sometimes, I have no plans to open a bottle.  Then the mood strikes me, and I have to open it right now!  

Today was such a day.  Presently sipping on a SBS of the Rhum Clement 6 yo and 10 yo expressions.  

So rich, so complex, so yummy.  Wow.  

Ha! This never happens to me with rum but it sure does happen with bourbon!

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

A wee AK ZANJ vertical— super well-priced for age-stated agricole with Barbancourt family ties.

IMG_5892.thumb.jpg.e659ced662c76bfe2750afd2f57eb328.jpg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A wee AK ZANJ vertical— super well-priced for age-stated agricole with Barbancourt family ties.

IMG_5892.thumb.jpg.e659ced662c76bfe2750afd2f57eb328.jpg

Sounds interesting, and I love the labels!

• 1 month later...

Some 12yr. Golden Devil Hampden the other night, just fantastic.  Added some water, kept the funky buzz but all the rubber cement, paint thinner-ish smells mellowed and the taste turned into tropical smoothie, just phenomenal.

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Some 12yr. Golden Devil Hampden the other night, just fantastic.  Added some water, kept the funky buzz but all the rubber cement, paint thinner-ish smells mellowed and the taste turned into tropical smoothie, just phenomenal.

I did a Hampden triple dip last night, The over proof, Great House, and The Velier aged LROK.

I didn't love the LROK when I first opened it a month ago, but I really enjoyed it yesterday. The GH is just sublime, though not very different from the OP.I wish I had access to the Golden Devil releases.

Edited by Nomad
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I did a Hampden triple dip last night, The overproof, Great House, and The Velier aged.LROK.

I didn't love the LROK when I first opened it a moth ago, but I really enjoyed it. I wish I had access to the Golden Devil releases.

Hampden really requires getting the approach right. A masterclass in the art of drinking. Hampden is "The Chameleon."

18 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

Hampden really requires getting the approach right. A masterclass in the art of drinking. Hampden is "The Chameleon."

Lest you rum neophytes not follow TBT completely on the art of correctly experiencing these fine sipping rums, he truly means it tastes like a chameleon...And, that’s good!!!  Really!!!  😁

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Lest you rum neophytes not follow TBT completely on the art of correctly experiencing these fine sipping rums, he truly means it tastes like a chameleon...And, that’s good!!!  Really!!!  😁

A chameleon dipped in paint thinner and covered in road tar with notes of burning rubber...mmm 🤤

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

A chameleon dipped in paint thinner and covered in road tar with notes of burning rubber...mmm 🤤

Then you pour diesel fuel over it and light that sumbitch up! 

Mmmmmnnnnmmmm good!!!😂

Seriously guys, it's awful. 

You should totally not buy it and leave it for us.

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

I know, right!  You had me earlier with these up until that gross tropical smoothie note.... 🤣

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

0CD40D85-CF6B-456B-A594-56D5F6429808.thumb.jpeg.80e71c5d8ebcbbcb6527b194b20a3876.jpeg

All I can say is wowwww!!! 

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.-- given that the bottle is within reach.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Get it

What's the cask finish on the Dictador Best of 1979? Jamie told me it was pretty damn tasty.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

What's the cask finish on the Dictador Best of 1979? Jamie told me it was pretty damn tasty.

It doesn’t say. 
image.thumb.jpg.3632afa5751275700d63f09d5b56e0f9.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e2a0f3b5491258917740333c2e53e4ef.jpg

it’s some very good Rum. 2 of the other guys that were there yesterday asked me to get them one the next time I went to L.R. 
And I’m probably going to pick up another bottle. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

It doesn’t say. 
image.thumb.jpg.3632afa5751275700d63f09d5b56e0f9.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e2a0f3b5491258917740333c2e53e4ef.jpg

it’s some very good Rum. 2 of the other guys that were there yesterday asked me to get them one the next time I went to L.R. 
And I’m probably going to pick up another bottle. 

I’ll probably be traveling near LRP soon. I usually stop in when I’m nearby anyway, but now I’ve got a specific reason to stop in. 😁

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I’ll probably be traveling near LRP soon. I usually stop in when I’m nearby anyway, but now I’ve got a specific reason to stop in. 😁

This upcoming Saturday by chance?

On 5/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, Marekv8 said:

This upcoming Saturday by chance?

I just saw this Dave. No, I’m hoping sometime in June. I haven’t seen my Mom and Dad in quite a while with COVID and all, so I need to get down to south Mississippi for a visit. 

On 5/30/2021 at 11:41 PM, lcpfratn said:

I just saw this Dave. No, I’m hoping sometime in June. I haven’t seen my Mom and Dad in quite a while with COVID and all, so I need to get down to south Mississippi for a visit. 

Got it Jeff-- hope they're doing well. I need to do the same thing, but heading the other direction (yet still passing through Hattiesburg).

Regards, Dave

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...