What rum are you drinking today?

bdrinker

12 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Looking forward to trying this when it hits the state.  Is it as good as the 2004?

The 2005 we saw at the distillery was bottled in 70 cl/700 ml bottles for Europe. Is there a plan to bottle more for the US market? The Dominus and Premise were 750 ml bottles and I have seen pictures of Dominus with a 70 cl label so I suppose it is possible.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The 2005 we saw at the distillery was bottled in 70 cl/700 ml bottles for Europe. Is there a plan to bottle more for the US market? The Dominus and Premise were 750 ml bottles and I have seen pictures of Dominus with a 70 cl label so I suppose it is possible.

My understanding is they're planning to bring all three to the US including the 2005. The Foursquare USA Instagram page hasn't lied to me yet

• I like it 5

On 4/19/2018 at 12:58 PM, Kpiz said:

My understanding is they're planning to bring all three to the US including the 2005. The Foursquare USA Instagram page hasn't lied to me yet

Good to know! I can drink my bottles with greater impunity in hopes I can get more.  Although knowing what they cost at the distillery will make that a bit painful...

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Good to know! I can drink my bottles with greater impunity in hopes I can get more.  Although knowing what they cost at the distillery will make that a bit painful...

I'm not sure I want to know but I'll ask anyways...how much are they at the distillery?

18 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I'm not sure I want to know but I'll ask anyways...how much are they at the distillery?

A rather remarkable $32.50 if I recall correctly for the CS bottles and $30 for Premise which is not CS.

• I like it 1

New favorite sub $30 rum,, it leads with sherry sweetness which is quickly dispatched by Worthy Park funk, damn.... backups will be purchased. 

y4mluIezlSNATt-EeYWLVYwA0vAmbnIKFfYu9kYs

• I like it 2

With the weather getting warmer, and some nice rums ordered, t'was a good evening to shift from my usual bourbon to rum.  Right now, it's a Foursquare port bottle that's just about done and quite enjoying it after some rum cocktails while cooking.  Ahhhhh.....

Mt. Gay XO. My favorite except for Dark and Stormys. Then I use Gosling. 

This takes me back to high school in Greenville, SC, working at the Exxon station-- a hot shredded radial covered in brake pad dust.

IMG_9104.thumb.jpg.ae77b66749a39330190ff47fb7b041ac.jpg

Hopefully there are more of these Clairins to come…

IMG_9098.thumb.jpg.005105faae39a982c4271bd754b16a0c.jpg

6 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Hopefully there are more of these Clairins to come…

IMG_9098.thumb.jpg.005105faae39a982c4271bd754b16a0c.jpg

I wasn't under the impression that their Clairin bottlings could be had in the US. Is this something regularly distributed, or was it a special store pick or something?

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

I wasn't under the impression that their Clairin bottlings could be had in the US. Is this something regularly distributed, or was it a special store pick or something?

I bought the set of 3 from astor on their rum 15% off day

On 5/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Kane said:

Astor is the only place I've seen these in the States-- I brought a set back on on the plane this past February.

1230556948_ScreenShot2018-05-08at1_34_19PM.thumb.jpg.b3c52c362999611527890b8e8dd37589.jpg

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Astor is the only place I've seen these in the States-- I brought a set back on on the plane this past February.

1230556948_ScreenShot2018-05-08at1_34_19PM.thumb.jpg.b3c52c362999611527890b8e8dd37589.jpg

That's what I thought... My contact at the bar I tried these mentioned that they brought them from overseas, and sure enough they were 70cl bottles with French labels.

Indulging in a sample of Clement 15yo. It has nice tart oaky notes that remind me of old calvados but with some underlying Agricola grass and spice. Yum

IMG_1630.JPG

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, sailor22 said:

This!  So good.

Dominus4.jpg

???? I may need you to give me some photography lessons, Steve...

• I like it 1

Man down! Absolutely one of my favorites and goes down damn easy for 56%. I couldn't decide which of the new ones to open, so I have decided to polish off this gem as I await clarity. I wish I had more than one bottle left.

0509181319-1.jpg

These two tonight. Can you guess which one I like more? Hint: They were opened on the same day, and the Barbancourt's fill level is around the neck label.

IMG_20180512_002712.jpg

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, Kane said:

These two tonight. Can you guess which one I like more? Hint: They were opened on the same day, and the Barbancourt's fill level is around the neck label.

IMG_20180512_002712.jpg

I'm with you on this one Barbancourt 15 reminds me of Oban 14 in a way for me, there is nothing wrong with it and I feel like I should be able to find something I love about it but I just don't care. S&C on the other hand is something I have a great affinity for even though it is definitively rough around the edges. 

6 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm with you on this one Barbancourt 15 reminds me of Oban 14 in a way for me, there is nothing wrong with it and I feel like I should be able to find something I love about it but I just don't care. S&C on the other hand is something I have a great affinity for even though it is definitively rough around the edges. 

Haha, the Oban 14 comparison is so accurate it's scary.

I'm really looking forward to opening that Barell Rum #1 for a comparison, probably this weekend. S&C is tasty but definitely rough around the edges, and I'm very curious to try something purportedly better put together.

• I like it 1