Bourbon 30

Bourbon 30
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello everyone my name is Jeff Mattingly founder & owner of Bourbon 30 spirits. In regards to a thread I read here's the story of Bourbon 30. I founded the company in 2010 & we are family owned & operated. We started our operation at the Old Crow distillery which is now called Glenns Creek. We were there about eight months & then moved our operation to Three Boys Farm Distillery in Frankfort, KY. It's nested on 122 beautiful acres & is a craft distillery. We had a gift shop in Georgetown, KY but due to a merge our merchandise is no longer there although we do have a gift shop at Three boys. Old Taylor which is now called Castle & Key has never had anything to do with Bourbon 30 spirits company. We do have an online store that has over 50 products of mens & womens apparel to include, t-shirts, hats, hoodies, koozies & glassware. Three Boys Farm Distillery has its own FB page & so does Bourbon 30 along with its twitter & instagram. 

Our red label single barrel has been on the shelf since November of 2015 & the first run was bottled at Glenns Creek. In May of this year we introduced three new labels to the retailer. We now have a red label single barrel barrel strength, A gray label small batch barrel strength, A yellowish label rye & a blue label 90 proof. Since leaving GC we decided to remove "double oaked" from our red label because Beam & woodford were in a lawsuit over the use of it. All bourbon 30 spirits labels are now "Barrels Crafted" bourbons & whiskeys. We are the only label on the shelf that uses this to describe our product which I have since trademarked. Barrel Crafted is a process we developed optimizing our barrels resulting in a full flavored bourbon & whiskey. Hyper-aging or rapid aging is not something we do. Our juice never leaves the barrel unless we are finishing it in another one. 

If you're in the Frankfort, KY area our address is 283 Crab Orchard Rd, stop on by & tour our facility & sample our products. More information you can go to Threeboysfarmdistillery.com or our facebook pages bourbon 30 & Three Boys Farm Distillery. You can read our reviews there as well as on yelp & trip advisor. Thank everyone for your time & I look forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome Jeff.  Curious minds (geeks that we are) want to know as much as you're willing to tell.  Are you distilling your bourbon and rye, or is it sourced for now?  If distilling, can you speak to the age and mashbills used?  I'm assuming that the Glenn's Creek operation is a totally separate venture now? 

There can never be too much information... especially here!  :lol:

We are depleting our stock of sourced product from MGP which is our rye and single barrel & they are 95/5 & 75/21/4 Our 90 proof & small batch are distilled at Three boys. The corn is slightly higher & the rye is slightly lower. Once the MGP is gone then all labels will be a KY distillate. GC & bourbon 30 are separate ventures we have no ties to each others brand. I distill, craft, age & bottle all of bourbon 30 products at Three Boys Farm Distillery. I added a link for a good read .   http://www.whiskeyprof.com/rye-whiskeys-sourced-from-mgp-ingredients-in-lawrenceburg-indiana/

57 minutes ago, Paddy said:

If distilling, can you speak to the age

The age of bourbon 30 varies from 1.5 to over 4yrs. 

Thanks for the response Jeff (the link as well).  I've been impressed by how much shelf space you've managed to acquire in the brief time your product has been around, but admit that, until you clarified, I had your product mixed up with the GC groups product!  

We're glad you're here, and wish you much success!  I hope to make it by sometime soon for a visit. 

Best regards,  Pat

Pat,

Thank you for the kind words! Our shelf space is attributed to having built great relationships with our distributor and retailers. Since we are a local brand & being family owned & operated we feel a genuine approach to business is better than a business approach to business. The support we have received from the big & small spirit stores, independents & restaurants has been humbling! 

Cheers everyone have a great day.

Interesting and informative.    Thanx for clearing up the slight confusion (I had the two mixed together as well).    Best of luck in the venture, and I hope to visit at some point as well.

Thank you for the update, Jeff.  You clearly and fully answered the few questions I had after reading your "New to Straightbourbon" comments.  Well, they weren't really questions - more like,  "Gee, I wonder . . .";)

Harry

On 7/18/2016 at 0:44 AM, cope said:

jeff are you realated to don

Cope,

Not that I am aware of. Would be nice though.

• 2 years later...

Anybody following the mess that blew up yesterday regarding Bourbon 30?  I don't remember really ever hearing about the brand before but apparently it was even discussed here.  I'm still not EXACTLY sure what all went on but I get the gist thanks to Wade's summary.  I suppose something like this was inevitable given the current market conditions?...

9 hours ago, dcbt said:

Anybody following the mess that blew up yesterday regarding Bourbon 30?  I don't remember really ever hearing about the brand before but apparently it was even discussed here.  I'm still not EXACTLY sure what all went on but I get the gist thanks to Wade's summary.  I suppose something like this was inevitable given the current market conditions?...

Link?  To what are you referring?  Is this on some other SB thread I haven't seen?

H

A fb sale group had a post about not allowing of these products the other day. I had no idea what it was about. Had to do some reddit digging.

8 minutes ago, flahute said:

@Harry in WashDC

Here's a link: https://tater-talk.com/2018/12/03/saving-taters-from-themselves-the-bourbon-30-ban/

Also lots of chatter on the bourbon facebiik groups.

AHA!  Thanks.  That also answers the "Bald Monk" question I had - just WTF is it?  Now, I sort of know.

The takeaway I got was: Bourbon 30 releases at $100 MSRP are comparable to WT 101, EC, ER, or BT, each of which is between $20 and $30 here.  Speaking of which, I thiink I'll go wander into the dining room and . . .;)

Good night, you all.

• I like it 1

Great bump to an old post.  Thought this was pretty funny from 1st post - "Our juice never leaves the barrel unless we are finishing it in another one." I guess except for that time spent in a trash can.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.