Which seven under $50 bourbons do you have backups of?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Seven under $50 in the bunker:

KCSB PS
HMKBIB
EWSB
ETL
OWA
W12
EC12

There are more, but this is probably the top 7 in backup quantity of under $50 bourbons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gee, I need to go shopping.  I think I only have backups (being a second bottle) by accident, and not my favorites either.  I have exactly seven pairs of sub-$50 it turns out.  Some might be hooch candidates:

OGDBIB

VB101

GD90

McAfee's

Kentucky Tavern

RR10

VOB

I guess I've been considering my full inventory to be backup? But, there are several I wished I'd bought a couple or three - with all the changes in AS, proofs, and flavor profile changes year-to-year. 

Things I have two or more of and would likely buy more if I see it.

WA107 and W12

RY10 SB

BT and ER10 SB selects

ETL

EC 12 yr and store picks

12 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

WSR

OWA

EC (12 aged stated on back)

OGD 114

KC SiB 

I don't have seven under $50 bunkered since I really only got into bourbon the first of this year.  I've got around 60 bottles but just haven't started picking up back ups much.

Forgot to add ETL.

One OWA, which I have been really wanting to open, and two OF1920 which are still around, but may not be forever.

What I used to have multiples of:
1. W12
2. OWA
3. ER10
4. Ritt
5. ETL
6. EC12
7. BT

Since most of the above are no longer readily available, I have multiples of these instead these days:
1. FRSB SPs (mostly OESVs and OESKs)
2. ER
3. Baker's
4. Booker's (Slightly over $50 but sometimes under $50)
5. KCSB SPs
6. OGD114
7. BT SPs

I'll probably start bunkering some Stagg Jr, 1792FP SPs, JDSB BP, OGBBIB, Belle Meade SPs, and some HMBIB.

I certainly can't complain...

I don't keep backups of very much.  I found OE 7/101 on clearance a few months ago for $12.99.  So I bought a few of those, but, mostly I can pick up a wide variety of BIBs whenever I want so I don't really see a reason to bunker a ton.  If the price is too good to pass up though, I will grab a few.

I never had backups of anything at any point in my life. Actually, now that I think about it I've never purchased a second bottle of anything for my home in ~7 years of drinking bourbon. That is, one bottle of WT101, and one bottle of KC in 7 years! (But of course, I regularly drink the stuff I like outside, or buy for social gatherings and such.)

Not that I don't want to, I just have 50 other things waiting in line, and that line keeps getting longer with new releases. Too much bourbon, too little time. It doesn't help that I have no friends to share with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.