Parker's Heritage 10 - 24yr old BIB

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=16182001000337

Hat tip to sku for the link on twitter.

This is pre fire bourbon. There are two back labels - one that says barreled in fall of 1990 and the other in spring of 1991. (So it spent a little time in a tank).

I also saw on the Twitter that suggested MSRP $250. 

I am out at that price (and have reached bourbon zen).

Wellllllll!

I think it's cool that it's a BIB.    Nod to HH for keeping the tradition alive with so many of their labels, while so few others produce so few brands of Bonded Bourbon.

I kinda agree with you Steve, about the price.     However I'm not certain I won't find my way into the 'buy' column after some further consideration.     PH has been a very reliable brand of fine limited release Bourbon (& 'other stuph) and I may reconsider.

I am in, yes the price of $250 is high.  But if I come across a bottle, I will buy it.  I don't think I've come across a bottle of Parker's Heritage that I've not at least liked.  Event the Malt Whiskey has some good points.

Yeah, I'll have to pull the trigger on this if I get the chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed they'll have it for KBF?  Maybe as part of their high-end testing??  A guy can dream, right? :)

If it's that old... I'm glad they're reserving it for Parker's. 

It'll never make it to a shelf in Ky, but it is fitting that it goes into the heritage collection. 

Sounds like something special.  That said, for the market today, $250 still sounds like a bargain for a 24 yr old BIB if you can get your hands on it.  

Shame it's going into the Heritage Collection, this is the sort of thing that would be better suited for a private bottling for an internet forum full of bourbon crazies.  :lol:

Years ago, I was buying EC18 for $50 or less because I could. I never really liked it though, just too much wood influence for me. Being that this new PHC is 24yrs, it will be an easy pass for me.

I'm surprised at the $250 price tag. The way prices are sky rocketing for aged bourbons I thought it would be $300+.

Doesn't matter anyway, I can't get myself to spend that kind of $$ on a bottle

13 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I'm surprised at the $250 price tag. The way prices are sky rocketing for aged bourbons I thought it would be $300+.

Doesn't matter anyway, I can't get myself to spend that kind of $$ on a bottle

The price I saw suggested was unverified so it very well could be $300 or higher. It would be nice if we all guessed on the low end for once.

Given that this is clearly stock they have been setting aside from the EC 18-23yr stock, I would expect it to be pretty good if you like old, oaky bourbons.  The higher proof makes me interested, as I haven't tasted many 100+ proof 20+ year bourbons.   I'd consider buying this under the right circumstances (like a coupon knocking the price down significantly), but I don't think that will happen.  

there ain't no way I'd give more than fifty bucks, maybe a hundy for a handle (psst, heaven hill marketing guys might read the forum). 

Any thoughts as the whether this being a blend of many barrels rather than a single barrel will make it better or worse than the old ECs? 

At a minimum, I think it is good news that a review will apply to all bottles of that batch instead of the few bottles that came from the same barrel. 

I'm not sure that I'm in at $250, but I'm much more interested in this than other recent LEs. 

2 hours ago, jsrudd said:

Any thoughts as the whether this being a blend of many barrels rather than a single barrel will make it better or worse than the old ECs? 

At a minimum, I think it is good news that a review will apply to all bottles of that batch instead of the few bottles that came from the same barrel. 

I'm not sure that I'm in at $250, but I'm much more interested in this than other recent LEs. 

I would think that the blend of multiples would make for more volume and consistency.  Certainly a few of those barrels would have shone more than others, but to your point - that would have limited the release and the number of bottles if they wanted consistency.  

I'm not a big fan of really old bourbons, but I am hoping to get to try it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to SKU and the OP for the heads-up on this bottling.

I pretty much stopped purchasing whiskey 2-3 years ago, to focus on grinding through those I've got. But I have a soft spot for old HH bourbons. Yes, they can be insanely over-oaked, but when they're on, they're ON. If I can find a bottle of this release, I'm in.

I've been out of the game for a bit. Can someone please remind me when the PHC generally hits stores? Is it in the mid-Fall?

23 minutes ago, MrAtomic said:

I've been out of the game for a bit. Can someone please remind me when the PHC generally hits stores? Is it in the mid-Fall?

Yea, October-ish...

1 hour ago, MrAtomic said:

Thanks to SKU and the OP for the heads-up on this bottling.

I pretty much stopped purchasing whiskey 2-3 years ago, to focus on grinding through those I've got. But I have a soft spot for old HH bourbons. Yes, they can be insanely over-oaked, but when they're on, they're ON. If I can find a bottle of this release, I'm in.

If you've been out of the game for 2-3 years you may not be aware of just how much competition there is for these limited editions now. If you have a guy that sets one aside for you, then no problem. If not, be prepared to hustle.

I'll be in if I get the chance, based on the PHC track record. The 27YO was maybe one of the three best whiskeys I've ever had, and was definitely not over-oaked.

21 minutes ago, flahute said:

If you've been out of the game for 2-3 years you may not be aware of just how much competition there is for these limited editions now. If you have a guy that sets one aside for you, then no problem. If not, be prepared to hustle.

Exactly what he said. I went to every store around for miles when the bourbon bug first hit me. I found the guys that were solid and stuck with them. It has payed off big time. It's always easier when they call you.

At $250+, this will likely be on shelves for a minute in Maryland at least.  EC18 (if it even comes to Maryland?) is about at the top end of "disappear instantly from shelves" limited edition bourbon for Heaven Hill.  EC23 sells out, but not quickly.  Obviously if this were a wheater, stitzel weller, or TEH PAPPIEZ!, it would be gone in a second.  I find myself jonesing for an ol' oaky bourbon as of late, which is rare.  I think I'll probably dip into my bunker for something instead of buying this, though.  $250 is a lot for me to spend on a bottle of bourbon.

12 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

At $250+, this will likely be on shelves for a minute in Maryland at least.  EC18 (if it even comes to Maryland?) is about at the top end of "disappear instantly from shelves" limited edition bourbon for Heaven Hill.  EC23 sells out, but not quickly.  Obviously if this were a wheater, stitzel weller, or TEH PAPPIEZ!, it would be gone in a second.  I find myself jonesing for an ol' oaky bourbon as of late, which is rare.  I think I'll probably dip into my bunker for something instead of buying this, though.  $250 is a lot for me to spend on a bottle of bourbon.

I have seen a couple of bottles of ec18 last year in MD. It does show up here.

22 minutes ago, ccleve23 said:

I have seen a couple of bottles of ec18 last year in MD. It does show up here.

Good to know.  That one I might be interested in to try once, as long as the price is $150 or below.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.