Parker's Heritage 10 - 24yr old BIB

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got to try this at the Great American Whiskey Fair Thursday and was quite amazed. Does not have the oak char I have experienced in EC18. I was very surprised/impressed. The distributor did say the real in store price in SC would be $350 - $400 so I will have to think hard about this one.

Came and went from Binny's in an instant on Friday.  No joy here, unless a straggler comes into my regular local shop next week.   it was $250 + the onerous cook county tax so like 275-280 OTD. 

Had to pass on it today. I'm sure it's the best 24 yr old whiskey out there but they wanted $275 and tax is 10% on top. If money were no object, I'd buy out a store that has EC 12 on the shelf X 12 handles, and pass on the HH icon.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help here. I was able to aquire one bottle of each batch. One to keep the collection going in it's entirety and one for a close friend. Trying to determine which bottle to part with, and curious if anyone has tried either the Fall 90 or Spring 91 yet? Thanks for the input and cheers!

On August 20, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Richnimrod said:

Josh; I think you are almost certainly correct on both counts.   A fair price, given the relationship these limited releases have shown with rarity, and more importantly with age AND rarity.    .... Not to mention, HH's great record of high quality at reasonable prices.      BUT, remember that many have found EC 12 to be the epitome of age and reasonable price.    Now double the oak in that formula; and one must wonder if anyone but a beaver would find it balanced... or even enjoyable.   Makes me for one wonder if the price is worth the gamble.    For drinking?    I'm inclined toward; "no".    For collecting/flipping?    Might be a steal, if that's a game you favor.   Just sayin'.......

Curious if the warehouse will make difference? For the record, I open every bottle of bourbon I purchase regardless of the worth/value.

Edited by JNeff33

41 minutes ago, JNeff33 said:

Curious if the warehouse will make difference? For the record, I open every bottle of bourbon I purchase regardless of the worth/value.

If you're wondering whether the storage location of a 24-year-old barrel of Bourbon matters... I'd have to say; "absolutely".    More so because of this age.

If it were stored at a location high up in a 7-story rackhouse, for the entire 24-years, I'd venture to guarantee most of it would have evaporated, and whatever remained would be extremely woody.      If however that rackhouse was waaaaay down in a 'holler', next to creek or stream, that may not be true.    And, if the same barrel was stored at a bottom floor of most rackhlouses, it would have considerably more in it after even 24-years, and even possibly be pretty well-balanced.

I entirely believe that these barrels are influenced by their location in the warehouse, that makes and breaks a great release. What I'm looking for are the differences between fall 90' and spring 91' based on what those have tried out in the wild.

9 minutes ago, JNeff33 said:

I entirely believe that these barrels are influenced by their location in the warehouse, that makes and breaks a great release. What I'm looking for are the differences between fall 90' and spring 91' based on what those have tried out in the wild.

Probably not enough people out there who have tried both yet. Very few have tried even one of them.

10 hours ago, flahute said:

Probably not enough people out there who have tried both yet. Very few have tried even one of them.

Fair enough, understandable with such an allocated release. If those that do try one or the other would be willing to share their thoughts when they do, that would be appreciated.

This one is fantastic after you let the bottle open up.

The nose has a strong alcohol, slightly more than I had expected so let it open up in the glass as well.

Then once you take a sip and chew on it, this is just splendid and this one is a neat drinker.  Superb and flavorful, full mouthfeel, not overly woody at all and super smooth with a hint of sweetness.

This is coming back to the original and even better than the recent years.

You wouldn't be worth your salt if you at least didn't give him $450 for it .  What an opportunity!!!!

On October 17, 2016 at 9:56 PM, tigerlam92 said:

This one is fantastic after you let the bottle open up.

The nose has a strong alcohol, slightly more than I had expected so let it open up in the glass as well.

Then once you take a sip and chew on it, this is just splendid and this one is a neat drinker.  Superb and flavorful, full mouthfeel, not overly woody at all and super smooth with a hint of sweetness.

This is coming back to the original and even better than the recent years.

Thanks. Can't wait to try, did you crack a Fall 90 or Spring 91?

Posted in general forum, but my local was able to score one bottle and since I am his number one customer he offered it to me first. When I am not sick I will be taking glasses to his store and tasting it together, to me this is what this is all about. 

I will let you know what we think when that happens. 

On 10/18/2016 at 9:39 PM, JNeff33 said:

Thanks. Can't wait to try, did you crack a Fall 90 or Spring 91?

That one was a Spring 91.

3 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Got mine for $215 before tax, $234 OTD.  My guy is always msrp or lower, even on the "unicorns." 

NICE!!!!     Good for you, and kuddos to 'your guy'.      I hope you compensate this fellow appropriately for this restraint on his part.    He deserves it!

Very nice, you owe him a good pour of that. 

Does anyone know bottle counts for fall and spring bottles? 

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

NICE!!!!     Good for you, and kuddos to 'your guy'.      I hope you compensate this fellow appropriately for this restraint on his part.    He deserves it!

He is compensated by loyalty and friendship

• 1 month later...

Well... Got the 24 through a trade, the trade....... 5- 4x8 sheets of 1/4" weaved steel panels that I came across that a factory was going to throw out. They were a little rusted, but value of 1 sheet purchased new was $125.00. My good friend had the opportunity to buy 2 of them one with me in mind, but I don't think I would have dropped that kind of dough for a bottle of booze! So it worked out great! But if you look close the label is ripped at the bottom, should have gotten some sort of discount for this.....(wonder if HH would send me a new label?:lol:)

The plan is that SOMEDAY  I'm going to open all of them at one time and try them all! But for now I'm still waiting for someday...... I know it will come.

pkrs.jpg

7 hours ago, dSculptor said:

Well... Got the 24 through a trade, the trade....... 5- 4x8 sheets of 1/4" weaved steel panels that I came across that a factory was going to throw out. They were a little rusted, but value of 1 sheet purchased new was $125.00. My good friend had the opportunity to buy 2 of them one with me in mind, but I don't think I would have dropped that kind of dough for a bottle of booze! So it worked out great! But if you look close the label is ripped at the bottom, should have gotten some sort of discount for this.....(wonder if HH would send me a new label?:lol:)

The plan is that SOMEDAY  I'm going to open all of them at one time and try them all! But for now I'm still waiting for someday...... I know it will come.

pkrs.jpg

Good God!!! Open 'Em!!!!    How can you stand having all that wonderful Whiskey at hand and just LOOK AT IT!!!!????   ...Not TASTE 'EM???      ARRRRRGGGG!!!!    Why NOT?????

(The one possible exception is the Malt; although I personally like it very well.... not many others found it a worthy offering for PH.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.