Tried a new to me tonite

GTD
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Helped a buddy tonight hang some rafters about 11 feet high for a deck.  Once done he pulled out a bottle of Yipee Kay Yea.  I was majorly impressed.  A very good rye whisky. I liked it.  Anyone else who likes a rye had it?

Yup.  At WhiskyFest WashDC last March, David Perkins poured me about 2 OZ and asked me what I thought.  My first word, "WOW!"  I think I liked it. 

I wonder if the marketing boys focus-grouped the name and the label. Who is their target market for an upscale rye? Folks who don't judge a beverage by its cover?

14 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

I wonder if the marketing boys focus-grouped the name and the label. Who is their target market for an upscale rye? Folks who don't judge a beverage by its cover?

Does it matter these days?  I mean, I feel like distilleries and NDPs can put out just about anything in just about whatever packaging at just about whatever price and it will fly off the shelf.  (WT LEs seem to be one of the few exceptions.)

Edited by dcbt

I've only had it three times so far. I loved it the first time, but I was pretty far into a long night. The second time, it was a little sweet. The third time I mixed it in with some standard double rye, and it was more subdued.

I had it at WhiskeyFest as well and liked it enough to pick up a bottle.  I have not opened my bottle yet however to try it again.  I should probably do that soon.

I like it. Makes a fine Manhattan. but then again, so does Rittenhouse at a much lower price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.