The Ongoing Old Overholt Story

Postal Grunt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks for the link.  In the early 1970s, I was lucky enough to taste some OO 100 proof that a relative of my wife's had squirreled away - cases of it squirreled but now long gone.  During WWII, he had developed a taste for Manhattans made with it so, when he heard a rumor the 100 proof was going to be discontinued, he bought many cases.  It would be nice if the OO brand was restored to its former self.  Unless it is, though, I will continue finding my PA rye-style (or whatever now passes for it now) elsewhere.

I used to buy OO now and then, when I was first starting to get interested in American whiskey.  Since I've tried some other brands.  I've come to the conclusion that all the Beam rye whiskies (that I've tried) aren't in my wheelhouse.  I get this taste of peanut shells, not good.  I read that the OO before Beam ownership was totally different.  The current stuff belongs on the bottom shelf.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.