I tried Dewar's 12 year today

whiskey buyer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can't say I've found many blended scotch whiskies that I enjoy as much as bourbon.  Excepting a number of the Compass Box offerings, of course.  

Regardless, it's nice to be able to pay $20-$30 for world class bourbon.

I've had more than my fair share of scotch, blended and otherwise. There are many that I enjoy but Dewars ( white label,12, 15, and signature) usually leaves me craving something else. Not bad, just too "smooth" and no umpf to make me want another glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect with ice and soda for those looking to add a little alcohol to the system without too much "yucky" whisky flavor and yet want to appear a bit more sophisticated than vodka drinkers...

:huh:

17 hours ago, whiskey buyer said:

I got to try some Dewar's 12 year today, and I have to say, I sure do like bourbon:)

I couldn't even finish a shot of this, and took it back to the store.  I would hesitate to form my opinion of Scotch using this as an example.

18 hours ago, Megawatt said:

I couldn't even finish a shot of this, and took it back to the store.  I would hesitate to form my opinion of Scotch using this as an example.

18 hours ago, Megawatt said:

I have tried other scotch that I have enjoyed, but this one did not float my boat. I think I still prefer good old fashioned American Bourbon.

• 10 months later...

Dewar's pretty much tainted my views of scotch for many, many years.  It wasn't until fairly recently that I was willing to give scotch another try.  At least this go 'round I had the good sense to go with a good Speyside single malt!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.