What beer are you drinking? (Fall 2016)

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

More Best Brown. I admit I was on a hiatus for awhile but it seems there used to be more beer drinkers. People still drinking beers?[emoji2]

I stopped by Founders yesterday afternoon with my wife after we walked around downtown Grand Rapids checking out the artwork competing in ArtPrize.  I got a flight because I couldn't make up my mind.  Founders has a killer taplist right now.  I tried their PC Pils (this was surprisingly good), Beer City IPA (extraordinarily ordinary), Dirty Bastard with bourbon soaked oak from a firkin (meh) and barrel aged Redankulous (surprisingly similar to Backwoods Bastard).

Yesterday I had this, pretty tasty brew.

Stone 20th Anniversary Citracado IPA | Stone Brewing

Cheers!

Evil Twin "From Amager with Love", an imperial stout with blueberries. This was a pretty good beer, but it was probably not the best day for an imperial stout as it hit 90 degrees in the city.

Paradox In the Spirit of Skully #3, "farmhouse stout aged in Colorado whisky barrels". Surprisingly sour, but it pairs well with the dark chocolate notes. Overall good stuff. I'd drink it colder next time, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been bouncing around a lot today watching the games at my local bar. Started with a Bells Special Double Cream Stout. Shifted to an Avery White Rascal and currently sipping on a Pauley Oktoberfest. Up next is a favorite sipper of mine - Founders Dirty Bastard.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

On 10/1/2016 at 0:33 AM, Kpiz said:

Paradox In the Spirit of Skully #3, "farmhouse stout aged in Colorado whisky barrels". Surprisingly sour, but it pairs well with the dark chocolate notes. Overall good stuff. I'd drink it colder next time, though.

I've had a few Paradox brews, pretty tasty stuff.

Threw my back out doing yardwork so after the chiro worked their magic decided a Devil Dancer would help continue the healing. Or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

I've had a few Paradox brews, pretty tasty stuff.

Agreed - tasty and unusual.

I had a Red Horse Beer, my first Filipino beer! This "extra strong" malt liquor clocks in at 8.1% and tastes like Steel Reserve with some darker malt mixed in.

Bocker Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge while I clean up the kitchen.  My favorite readily available Flander's Red.  Apparently sour beers are the new IPA in terms of jumping the shark, so I am extra lame for drinking them on occasion.  So weird how the worm turns.

20 hours ago, garbanzobean said:

Bocker Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge while I clean up the kitchen.  My favorite readily available Flander's Red.  Apparently sour beers are the new IPA in terms of jumping the shark, so I am extra lame for drinking them on occasion.  So weird how the worm turns.

Yes that beer always seems to hit the spot. I used to prefer the Duchesse de Bourgogne but I like the Jacobins a little more now as well.

Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest and Sammy Adams' Octoberfest have both been disappearing from my 'beer fridge'... at a rapid pace.

Firestone Pale 31 and Estrella Damm on draught at a local BBQ joint while watching the Giants play the Mets

12 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Yes that beer always seems to hit the spot. I used to prefer the Duchesse de Bourgogne but I like the Jacobins a little more now as well.

Every try Monk's Cafe Flanders Red?

its very good

33 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

Every try Monk's Cafe Flanders Red?

its very good

If you're talking about this:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/10482/

I have, not recently though.  If I remember correctly, it was too sweet and out of balance.  Did not like it.  To be fair, sour ales do not exactly fly off the shelves 'round these parts, so it may have been pretty old when I bought it.  I'll make a point of looking for a fresh bottle or find it on tap.

2 minutes ago, garbanzobean said:

If you're talking about this:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/10482/

I have, not recently though.  If I remember correctly, it was too sweet and out of balance.  Did not like it.  To be fair, sour ales do not exactly fly off the shelves 'round these parts, so it may have been pretty old when I bought it.  I'll make a point of looking for a fresh bottle or find it on tap.

Rodenbach?

another good Flanders Red

IMG_0510.JPG

Rodenbach?

another good Flanders Red

IMG_0510.JPG

I think I've had the Monk's as well but I can't actually remember how it was, so probably time to try it again! Thanks for the recommendation.

Rodenbach...delicious. Although I do prefer the Grand Cru to the original. I had one sitting in the fridge for months and finally drank it last weekend. Now it's time to replace it.

Local bar did a dark night event, so these glasses appeared in front of me yesterday...

- 2014 Deschutes Black Butte Anniversary

- 2014 Bells Old Ale

- 2014 Avery Mephistopheles

- 2015 Founders Backwoods Bastard

Took home a 32oz crowler of Backwoods for the wife and I to share by the fire saturday night.

On 10/6/2016 at 9:54 AM, Kpiz said:

I think I've had the Monk's as well but I can't actually remember how it was, so probably time to try it again! Thanks for the recommendation.

Rodenbach...delicious. Although I do prefer the Grand Cru to the original. I had one sitting in the fridge for months and finally drank it last weekend. Now it's time to replace it.

I totally agree on the Gran Cru

9 hours ago, Ravensfire said:

Local bar did a dark night event, so these glasses appeared in front of me yesterday...

- 2014 Deschutes Black Butte Anniversary

- 2014 Bells Old Ale

- 2014 Avery Mephistopheles

- 2015 Founders Backwoods Bastard

Took home a 32oz crowler of Backwoods for the wife and I to share by the fire saturday night.

Very nice brews!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.