What Dram Are You Pouring Tonight? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ohishi Sherry Cask tonight. Good flavor, but it's so light and subtle that it goes down way too easily. I feel like I really have to concentrate on this one while tasting. The sherry notes gain some ground in the finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just arrived from TWE. Blew past my expectations. Really glad I picked it up. 64e9c2b8c5d54782c9df9626679d0f9c.jpg

Been a bit of a mix this evening. Craigellachie 13, Tobermory 15 and Lagavulin 16 to finish. 

Cheers!

Popped the top on my first Aberlour A'bunadh (batch 46) today. OMG, this is one heavenly sherry bomb! It does not drink like a 60.4% scotch at all. I only wish I had tried this before today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some Glenturret 28yr - first pour in a while, but really loving the fruit followed by pepper combo this has.

Chillin out at the business class lounge in LAX waiting for the flight to start a big vacation. Didn't care for the bourbon selection so thought I'd take the opportunity to sample some other things. Glenfiddich 12 right now, JW Black is on deck.

Out at my favorite local bar last night, tried 4 bottles for the first time. Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition, Blade + Bow, Redemption Rye and Parker's Heritage Wheat. All great - the Parker's blew me away tho.

Started with some Strathclyde 28yr before moving to HW Campfire.  Everything seems to be hitting right tonight (too bad it's Wednesday!)

Having a healthy pour of Aberlour A'bunadh batch 49.  This is a beautiful whiskey.  

Having some Clynelish 20 from TWE. The last of a sample but have a full bottle in reserve.

Laphroaig Cairdeas Port Wood Edition.  I LOVE this expression from nose to finish.  Wish I had a case of this.  Or maybe two.

Cleaned up and organized my bunker a couple of weeks ago.  While doing that found some 50 ml bottles of Glenfarclas 10 and Macallan 18 I forgot I had.  Tried each one of those tonight.  The Glenfarclas was uninspired, and tasted like a lot of other non-peated "base" scotch offerings.  The Macallan 18 on the other hand was absolutely delicious.  Checked the price of a 750ml bottle, and looks like I better enjoy the 25ml I have left...great stuff, but not $275 great.

Had a couple pours of Dalmore 15 tonight. We found the bottle in the liquor cabinet of a friend's parents who don't really drink scotch. Pretty flavorful for 80 proof l, and quite a lot of sherry influence.

Having a taste of Tomatin 12 while watching it rain.  This is a really nice sipper imho.  

Celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last night.  Started with Longrow, then Craigellachie 13, then Lagavulin 16 after dinner.  

1st happy our with some Glenmorangie Milsean and Hakushu 12. 2nd happy hour with some Laphroaig 10 and Talisker 10. Now off to dinner!

Ledaig 10 after an amazing sushi dinner. Absolutely love the Ledaig.

I don't drink a lot of scotch these days but I tend to pick up minis from time to time. I picked up a bottle of Ardbeg 10 just to have something smoky on the shelf and my local had a gift set that came with minis of Corryvreckan and Uigeadail on sale for $40 so I grabbed it, incidentally nice packaging as Ardbeg tends to do.  That being said I came home and drank through a mini 3 pack I picked up of Balvenie, Double Wood 12 & 17 and 14 Caribbean Cask of which regular old double wood 12 I found the most enjoyable. Followed up with a pour of Ardbeg 10 and really it is hitting the spot.

On 29/04/2017 at 1:36 AM, savagehenry42 said:

Ledaig 10 after an amazing sushi dinner. Absolutely love the Ledaig.

One of my favourites.

Pouring some Talisker 10 this evening. Got the fire burning so peat is necessary! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.