What Dram Are You Pouring Tonight? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a pour of cheap Black Bottle with the peat amped up a bit with about 100ml of Ardmore Traditional Cask after having a few glasses a few months back and realizing the new Black Bottle is nothing like the old version...so I fixed it...it's pretty good now! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying an Islay night with
Kilchoman Machir Bay
Laphroaig CS Batch 7
Ardbeg Uigeadail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracked open a Craigellachie 17 last night. Quite a different dram to the 13, which I loved. Only on my first pour so yet to judge but initial thoughts are that I like it.

Also have a 23 waiting in the wings to do some side by sides. 

1 hour ago, beasled said:

Cracked open a Craigellachie 17 last night. Quite a different dram to the 13, which I loved. Only on my first pour so yet to judge but initial thoughts are that I like it.

Also have a 23 waiting in the wings to do some side by sides. 

Is craigellachie unpeated?

1 hour ago, bourbon4all said:

Is craigellachie unpeated?

No, not peated. 

I went over to a neighbor's house last night for our neighborhood brown water gathering. Spice Tree Extravaganza, Balvenie 14 & 21, Glenmorangie Lasanta, and a 40 year old blended malt from Royal Mile Whiskies were all enjoyed.

Enjoyed a Tobermory 10 at the Stanley Hotel bar. Amazing selection, but rather horrible prices. $28 for Uigeadail [emoji33]

Having my first taste of Craigellachie 13.  This is a really nice pour.  Well balanced, honey and fruit sweetness and a touch of citrus and apple.  One to keep.  

Having my first taste of Craigellachie 13.  This is a really nice pour.  Well balanced, honey and fruit sweetness and a touch of citrus and apple.  One to keep.  

That's great stuff. Looking forward to my next bottle.

Having a pour from this older bottle of Glenfarclas 12yr I found on the way home today.  Long story short....the cork broke upon opening and fell apart when I tried to pull it.  Had to run the whole bottle through a coffee filter, all is well now. :lol: It was priced pretty low at $37.99 so I can't be upset.  Looking forward to SBS with the 18yr I have en route from abroad.  The 12 isn't complex but very easy to drink.

image.thumb.jpeg.55963c519112ce6209e3452d7b9e659b.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.