What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2016-17

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is that the only CS RR out there, or is HW offering a CS option on barrel picks now?

I've heard there may be one other at their GS, but that's the only one I know of currently.

Cracked open an Alberta Rye Dark Batch which I picked up cheap (for UK) a few months ago. It was quite pleasant actually, especially as an after-dinner drink during which I'd had some red wine. 

Since I'm off today and it's 70 degrees out..... windows open & a new store pick double rye.

Finished in a Manhattan barrel for 1.4 years.  The finishing really cuts the rye spice down and smoothes the whole thing out.  

Wow!

Delicious!

IMAG1831.jpg

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Since I'm off today and it's 70 degrees out..... windows open & a new store pick double rye.

Finished in a Manhattan barrel for 1.4 years.  The finishing really cuts the rye spice down and smoothes the whole thing out.  

Wow!

Delicious!

IMAG1831.jpg

Is that from TWCP? if so I might have to order myself a bottle.

I know I am comparing apples to oranges somewhat but I finally opened my Lot 40 and don't like it nearly as much as Pikesville Rye.

Is it one of the 2012 or the newer "older" release?

It's one of my favorites, much prefer it over most MGP eyes.

The generally fruitiness is not what most expect as everybody has been conditioned to the mint.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, BFerguson said:

Is it one of the 2012 or the newer "older" release?

It's one of my favorites, much prefer it over most MGP eyes.

The generally fruitiness is not what most expect as everybody has been conditioned to the mint.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would I know the difference, I purchased the Lot 40 June of 2014 and just never got around to opening it.

17 minutes ago, Thig said:

How would I know the difference, I purchased the Lot 40 June of 2014 and just never got around to opening it.

The 2012 release says "2012 Release" pretty prominently on the label. The newer (and I think slightly older) release in 2015 does not say 2012. If your bottle doesn't say 2012 then you know it isn't 2012. If you bought it in 2014 it means it seems pretty unlikely to have been the more recent 2015 release. 

http://whiskey-reviews.com/2015/10/lot-40-canadian-rye-whisky-review/

https://whiskywon.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/review-lot-no-40-2015/

There was an earlier initial release from some years ago (in the late 90's I think) but I don't know how many of those might still be hanging around. Not sure if the label is clearly different for those early bottles compared to the 2015 but I suppose it is possible you have one of those early ones.

12 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The 2012 release says "2012 Release" pretty prominently on the label. The newer (and I think slightly older) release in 2015 does not say 2012. If your bottle doesn't say 2012 then you know it isn't 2012. If you bought it in 2014 it means it seems pretty unlikely to have been the more recent 2015 release. 

http://whiskey-reviews.com/2015/10/lot-40-canadian-rye-whisky-review/

https://whiskywon.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/review-lot-no-40-2015/

There was an earlier initial release from some years ago (in the late 90's I think) but I don't know how many of those might still be hanging around. Not sure if the label is clearly different for those early bottles compared to the 2015 but I suppose it is possible you have one of those early ones.

OK, makes sense.  I will have to check it when I get home and see if it says 2012 release.

Just finished a neat shot of Woodinville Whiskey Rye - 100% rye.  For some reason, this thick goo of 100% rye wonderfully hit the spot tonight.  

Too bad they are too small to go national.  Awesome that they are large enough to supply the liquor stores and grocery stores of WA state! :) 

9 hours ago, Prof_Stack said:

Just finished a neat shot of Woodinville Whiskey Rye - 100% rye.  For some reason, this thick goo of 100% rye wonderfully hit the spot tonight.  

Too bad they are too small to go national.  Awesome that they are large enough to supply the liquor stores and grocery stores of WA state! :) 

You are indeed fortunate to have it close at hand!  The Woodinville Rye small-barrel is something I really enjoy and that hasn't found its way into the Oregon liquor system yet.  I have a few bottles stored away and one open that I picked up when I was in Puyallup over the holidays.  Even with the high WA taxes, it's a worth-while purchase. 

48 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

You are indeed fortunate to have it close at hand!  The Woodinville Rye small-barrel is something I really enjoy and that hasn't found its way into the Oregon liquor system yet.  I have a few bottles stored away and one open that I picked up when I was in Puyallup over the holidays.  Even with the high WA taxes, it's a worth-while purchase. 

Yes, this rye is the "micro-barreled", 8 gallons I think, version.  Waiting in the wings is their 5-year release of the same juice which was aged in regular sized (53 gal) barrels.  The sample I had at the distillery was even better than the original.  Trader Joe's here sells the 5-year bourbon, a really nice product.

Tonight I have a pour of High West Double Rye.
40eeeb1c63ae13344b4556b5e379018a.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Decided to have another very good rye. THH

IMG_1320.JPG

Solid day for you. Good choices on both.

A 85%/15% blend of MWND act 4 and manhattan barrel finished store pick Double Rye!

My wife took a sip and ran off with my first glass,

so I went and made another one.... ah well.... she made me dinner, so we'll call it even.

:)

The finished DR! adds just a smooth light taste of "manhattan" to the MWND.

HW rye mixes and mingles so very well.  Love to experiment with the stuff.

Drinking a little more of the Booker's Rye. I Hate loving this stuff, knowing I'll never get another bottle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.