What Rye did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

Tucker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

^^^I've also been taking advantage of the recent sightings of the 101.  I snagged an additional 2L's over this past weekend. 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

^^^I've also been taking advantage of the recent sightings of the 101.  I snagged an additional 2L's over this past weekend. 

Hope you got em for a better price than I did!

17 hours ago, Midwest101 said:

Hope you got em for a better price than I did!

$41 or 2ish, if I recall correctly.  I just keep reminding myself that it's a 1L bottle...:unsure: 

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

$41 or 2ish, if I recall correctly.  I just keep reminding myself that it's a 1L bottle...:unsure: 

Well ya did a little better than me. I used the same justification as you. Borderline more than I would consider it's worth, but I'm a big fan of WT products and just hadn't seen it in so dang long.

Walked into one of the smaller locals that I frequent and the owner asked if I was looking for whiskey. Good thing I said yes because he had some MWND in the back. I happily took one. I visit this store regularly and buy beer as well as whiskey because the owner remembers me and lets me know when he has something special in back.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:39 PM, Paddy said:

Funny you should mention this, Paddy.  I used to have to hunt (and, therefore, was nursing the 1L I got in June), but over the last three weeks, I've seen it a lot.  Maybe this means they've got their commercial-level customers' needs fulfilled and are making enough so it is available for retail - at the higher price than we used to see, of course.  If that is true, it is good news for me.  It is now my basic Manhattan rye, and with cold weather here . . . 

^^^Yes, my 101 sighting are all within the past month.  My hope is that the 81 will just disappear.  Unfortunately, there still seems to be a lot more of it around here than the 101.  Regardless, I'm glad to have a few of the 101's 'bunkered up'. 

John Snow (and winter), is coming! 

11 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Picked up a MWND 4.4 and a Willett 3 year. I love the mint on the Willett. 

Oh boy, HWMWND 4.4 is out - only have 4.1 & 4.3 now (passed on 4.2 @ $85.99, tho').  The search continues!   :lol:

On 11/13/2016 at 0:53 AM, Paddy said:

^^^Yes, my 101 sighting are all within the past month.  My hope is that the 81 will just disappear.  Unfortunately, there still seems to be a lot more of it around here than the 101.  Regardless, I'm glad to have a few of the 101's 'bunkered up'. 

John Snow (and winter), is coming! 

I saw WTR101 on the shelf today in Indy for the first time in two or three years.  I am sure a few 1L bottles have hit Indy before but I haven't seen them.  I picked up one just because.  It was $41.99 for comparison.   

Edited by mbroo5880i

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I saw WTR101 on the shelf today in Indy for the first time in two or three years.  I am sure a few 1L bottles have hit Indy before but I haven't seen them.  I picked up one just because.  It was $41.99 for comparison.   

Good to see that it isn't a 'unicorn' sighting!  My hope is that you find it as enjoyable to drink as I have. 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Dickel Rye $22.99 on sale.  Maybe the best deal on MPG Indiana rye I know of at the moment.  It's really in my wheel house.

HWMWND Act 4, Scene 4. I now have Act 2, Act 3 and Act 4 on hand. I was resigned to not finding an Act 4, so this was a nice surprise stumbling upon it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.