Manhattan

BigPapa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I really love my Manhattans like this:

Baby Saz 1 1/2 oz

Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth 1/4 oz

(love this vermouth)

placed in a glencairn glass and enjoy it neat. No water, ice or chill. 

I usually make large batch in the Saz bottle when it gets low enough.

then I can just grab a great dram of the bar anytime . 

13 hours ago, BigPapa said:

I usually make large batch in the Saz bottle when it gets low enough.

then I can just grab a great dram of the bar anytime . 

Container store sells these really nice 400ml glass bottles with TIGHT rubber stoppers.  I use them for decanting as well as doing what you do with Saz bottles.

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Container store sells these really nice 400ml glass bottles with TIGHT rubber stoppers.  I use them for decanting as well as doing what you do with Saz bottles.

Thanks I better get a few bottles

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

A rubber stopper on a bottle would give me a bit of pause. May not be any justification on my part for doing so but cork or even an artificial cork, which just doesn't seem as worrisome as rubber, would be my preference over rubber. Or a decent quality screw top would work as well. So I tend to stick to the empty bottles.  

Bruce - Not really rubber.  Rather, it is "rubber".  27 oz. retap water bottle.  The top "pops" on.  Truth be told, however, I also keep a selection of 375s around.

Official description.

• Made from borosilicate glass with a Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) lid
  • Microwave-, refrigerator-, and top rack dishwasher-safe
  • Danish design

30 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Bruce - Not really rubber.  Rather, it is "rubber".  27 oz. retap water bottle.  The top "pops" on.  Truth be told, however, I also keep a selection of 375s around.

Official description.

• Made from borosilicate glass with a Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) lid
  • Microwave-, refrigerator-, and top rack dishwasher-safe
  • Danish design

Fair enough! I burn so much money on "shiny objects" as it is that I am reluctant to buy extra storage bottles when I am routinely creating my own!

On 10/17/2016 at 4:06 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Fair enough! I burn so much money on "shiny objects" as it is that I am reluctant to buy extra storage bottles when I am routinely creating my own!

Oh, I agree.  (BTW, the "Retap" botles also come in a 16 oz. size.)  However, my wife objected to empties in and among the open bottles.  And, I too love shiny, brown objects.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.