Constellation Brands buys minority stake in Bardstown Bourbon Co.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I met the marketing/pr director for the Bardstown Bourbon Company when I toured the BBC during the KBF. He's since sent me a couple of emails just to stay in touch. The latest involves the news in this post. It's nice when the reputation of  SB.com precedes us. :D

http://www.kentucky.com/news/business/article108731252.html

Cheers! Joe

Wow!    Well, that didn't take long, eh?     Good for them all.     I just hope Mr. Nally and Mr. Mandell will still have the latitude to do what they said they wanted to do; which is small-to-medium custom contract distilling as well as development of their own brands... a truly unique slant on the distilling business, that may well be a niche heretofore unknown; that may almost instantly prove very valuable to more than a few entities.    I hope Constellation gets what they want, and the BBC gets to keep doing what they wish to do.     I wish them all success!

So within just a couple of weeks, Constellation has gone from being nobodys in the whiskey category (Ok - they have Black Velvet, which while technically whiskey isn't what most of us think of in that category!) to owning High West and holding a minority stake in BBCo.  Hopefully they see this as a way to deploy capital where there is industry expertise that needs it, and they don't monkey around too much.  

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.