Rusty Nail

BigPapa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like Johnny Walker Red (Black, when I can afford it) in a Rusty Nail.

For the record, the worst Rusty Nail I've made was with Dewar's, but it was still much better than the straight Dewar's.

Tim

Famous Grouse is one of traditional scotches used in bars for cocktails. It is a blend, not a single malt, just as JW Red or Black is a blend.

Black Grouse is the peated version  of Famous Grouse but there are also nice choices from Compass Box like Peat Monster or Asyla.

While any whisky can be used the Rusty Nail is "traditionally" made with a blended scotch.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Which is what I said, if perhaps not in the most grammatically correct manner.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It is a blend, not a single malt as is JW Red or black

It could perhaps use a comma after malt!

For years I used Jameson to make a rusty nail. Obviously not the traditional recipe, but I liked it. I'm out of Drambui right now, but since I've recently acquired a taste for peated scotch, and I've bought a stash of old recipe Teachers Highland Cream, I think I'll give Teachers a try the next time I pick up some Drambui.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

As long as it isn't a "sweet" Scotch, It doesn't matter to me. I've never tried one with an Isla before. Seems like it would be a good mix with the Drambuie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.