Vintage Labels

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have a good source for finding old bourbon and rye labels? I'm interested in putting them together for an art piece to hang.

Don't laugh, and, it is labor intensive, BUT --

If you know the brand names, you can do Google or Bing (I like Bing because I get different images for some reason) "Images" search for the brand then scroll down A LOT!!.  In retirement, I took up painting, and the 1930s posters of booze, travel, ships, planes, etc., have always fascinated me.

Although the best resolutions are few and far between, every once in awhile you might get one good enough to take to a print place (Staples or Kinkos or even UPS Store) and print in something larger than 8.5X11 inch.

I used to have some links to pre-Prohibition whiskeys, but I don't know what happened to them.  I haven't searched lately for "preProhibition" but I know there is a website out there specializing in them . . . .

Finally, I know that there are some art sites that specialize in old posters.  Most of them are Absinthe and Pernod and similar offerings, but you might be able to find some old whiskey ads on them.

And even if you find doodly squat, you might have a good time looking at all that stuff.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
add a u to yo in the last line

20 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Does anyone have a good source for finding old bourbon and rye labels? I'm interested in putting them together for an art piece to hang.

I did a project like this a few years ago, although not with vintage labels. Along with a few labels I got from various places, I also received some unused tax strips. They make a good border.:) I believe I have a some left. Let me know if you're interested Kyle.

labels.jpg

• I like it 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.