Work Trip to Australia

garbanzobean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Howdy

I'm heading to Australia for work for about 3.5 weeks toward the end of the year.  I'll kind of be all over the place, but I'll for sure be in Sydney, Canberra, and Perth.  No idea how much time I'll have, but if any Aussies have suggestions as to breweries, distilleries, bars, or other places I should check out, I'd appreciate the heads up.  

I'll probably ask as well in the general bourbon forum, but the bourbon pickings over there seem lean so I'm not too concerned.

Hey Erik.... or should I say G'day :)  I'm no expert on any of those cities unfortunately - at least not with any info from the last 10 years .  I'm sure other Aussie members can chime in though.  If Brisbane/Gold Coast looks like being on your itinerary though, definitely let me know.  I'd recommend checking out www.danmurphys.com.au - they're our nations biggest liquor retailer, and if you're staying in cities, you'd likely only be a 20 min cab ride from one.  They've got a great range of Aussie whisk(e)y - but prices here are steep.  We have a few Aussie only released bourbons too - like Jim Beam Small Batch with Port added, and our Henry McKenna bourbon is a Four Roses product, not a Heaven Hill product like the US, and we have a decent range of Blantons if you're a fan. 

21 hours ago, camduncan said:

Hey Erik.... or should I say G'day :)  I'm no expert on any of those cities unfortunately - at least not with any info from the last 10 years .  I'm sure other Aussie members can chime in though.  If Brisbane/Gold Coast looks like being on your itinerary though, definitely let me know.  I'd recommend checking out www.danmurphys.com.au - they're our nations biggest liquor retailer, and if you're staying in cities, you'd likely only be a 20 min cab ride from one.  They've got a great range of Aussie whisk(e)y - but prices here are steep.  We have a few Aussie only released bourbons too - like Jim Beam Small Batch with Port added, and our Henry McKenna bourbon is a Four Roses product, not a Heaven Hill product like the US, and we have a decent range of Blantons if you're a fan. 

Thanks for the advice Cam!  Blanton's SFB is one I'm definitely looking forward to hopefully finding.  And any export Four Roses like Henry McKenna.  

Also, since you're a mod, I appear to have somehow posted this topic twice.  Any chance you could fix that for me?  Thank you in advance for that as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.