What about this glass? (Doube-walled Turkish Tea Glass)

GrPeMi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I just saw this on /r/bourbon, but since I don't post there, I thought I would spread it over here, as well.

Somebody mentioned this glass:

https://www.amazon.com/Strong-Double-Insulated-Borosilicate-Turkish/dp/B00GG0RNX0

And I was wondering if anyone had tried it or had any thoughts.

Looks like it has a similar shape to a glencairn, but perhaps a bit more stable and conventional looking.

For the price, I'm considering ordering a couple just because...but I was curious as to what others thought...

Edited by GrPeMi

That was me who posted on /r/bourbon - love the double-walled glasses (see below), and even have a set of the regular, single wall Turkish glasses - very nice and relatively inexpensive!

DWGlass.jpg

Edited by starhopper

Hmmmmm, those do look quite stable, though I've yet to tip over a glencairn; so, not a problem I need to solve.

What intrigues me is the thermal quality of the double wall design.    A hot toddy, which I occasionally want; but have never used a glencairn for, springs instantly to mind.     And, a better shaped (for whiskey at least) rocks glass is an obvious benefit for enjoying a 'cold one'.

I wonder if anybody reading this might want to gift their dear old Dad such a pair for Christmas?    Just a thought.   Heeee-He!

• 2 weeks later...

Rich - I'm thinking "HE" got the message.  In my case, this will be: "TO HARRY FROM HARRY with greatest love and affection."  The toddy idea pushed me over.

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Rich - I'm thinking "HE" got the message.  In my case, this will be: "TO HARRY FROM HARRY with greatest love and affection."  The toddy idea pushed me over.

Yeah.    These seem to just cry out for such, eh Harry.    My fingers are crossed, as far as a possible Christmas gift, or what have you......    Just sayin'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.