EWSB '94 Hits the shelves

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The EWSB '94 edition has hit the shelves in Lexington. I picked up a bottle today at lunch and can't wait to compare to my tasting notes from the barrel tasting preview.

Huzzah!!!!!

drinking.gif

Great news Ed! It should not be long now before the stores in the city get it as well. I'm looking forward to this years vintage after hearing peoples reviews of it that had it a few months back. Until it comes out around here, I'll just have to keep enjoying my EW Master Distiller's Select. toast.gifdrink.gif

I'm going to pull the cork, literally, on one of my jugs tonight. Looking forward to it and the EWSB 94 when available.

Randy B

• 3 weeks later...

I looked last week at Liquor Barn and don't recall seeing it. However, it should show up in my Sam's Club and will be cheaper so I've been waiting for that. This is a MUST BUY for me after tasting it! Yummy!

Greg,

True, Liquor Barn still has the '93 on the shelf. I saw the '94 in Rite Aid. I'm not sure why they had it first, but they did. Seems to me that LB would have faster turnover than Rite Aid.

I'm significantly into the bottle at this point and find myself returning regularly. Its good whiskey.

drink.gif

• 1 month later...

Finally picked up a bottle of the '94. I wish I still had some of the '91 to compare it against, as this one could overtake the '91 as my favorite. Very fruity and 3 demensional on the palate. Lots of things going on here that will take a bit of time to grab hold of, but definitely worth the $22 they ask for it at the LB.

Has anyone here in the NE seen this on shelves yet? confused.gif Last year it was out alot earlier than this around here...

I haven't seen it in Maryland yet. I will check on it's

availability tomorrow.

I keep asking my sales rep about it, and she swears it ain't here in NYC, yet. I'll keep you posted. Got '92 and '93 but haven't tried '94.

Thanks Tonya, this years release is something I am really looking forward to trying. Keep us in the NYC area posted! toast.gif

At Sam's yesterday, I was surprised to see that they are still selling the '93 exclusively.

I wonder if there is still alot of left over stock of the 93' over at HH, so they are trying to push that out before shipping out nothing but 94'? Bettye Jo? grin.gif

Mark,

I called, Larry Kass, Director of Corporate Communications for Heaven Hill. I asked him, your question. His title, sounds really stiff. I have refered to him (on these forums) as the "Chief of Bourbon" many times grin.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm grin.gifgrin.gif I can see him shakin' his head now grin.gifgrin.gif If I have a question, this man will have the answer grin.gif He's gonna log on in a bit and answer your question grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

What surprises me is, Virginia ABC is usually the *LAST* place to find anything cutting edge! Our shelves are loaded with '94. Bizarre! confused.gif

Thanks as always Bettye Jo, I appreciate that. I could wait for my parents to goto VA Beach and pick me up a bottle, but that's not for 2 months and I'm not that patient! lol.gif Especially after hearing favorable reviews about the 94' I want it and I want it now. (Ok, that line was from the spoiled kid in willie wonka's chocolate factory for those who though I genuinly meant that!) grin.gif

OK...Bettye Jo set me up, now I have to deliver. This is Larry from Heaven Hill reporting for use and abuse. Nice to hear all the anticipation for the '94...it's really a cracker!

The word on distribution in New York, and everywhere in general, has more to do with the intricacies of our beautiful three tier distribution system than anything else. With the end of year and holidays, distributors bought in a lot of product, particularly those that may have had some incentive numbers to make. I know NYC (since I just asked) distributor has cases of '93 in inventory, and '94 on order, but it will not ship until the '93 depletes. Then it has to work through retail inventory. Based on what my NY guy is telling me, which is based on the NYC sales trends and the amount of inventory the distributor carries, the '94 should be in inventory by mid to late April.

In Virginia, which is of course a control state, there are two factors that I assume account for the presence of the '94--one, the brand is very strong in VA (and NC) and depletes much faster than in, say, NYC; and two, most control states tend to carry less inventory in their bailment systems (actually very little)so it turns faster.

This is just a fact of life in the three tier system...it is difficult to turn products on and off like a faucet. You are more often than not subject to inventory vagaries, changeable depletion trends and other factors beyond our control--and yours. Unless, I suppose, some enterprising New Yorker gets busy on the '93!!!

Good to be on the forum...looking forward to participating more. Treat me nicely!! soapbox.gif

Hi Larry! Bettye Jo has had nothing but good words to say about you! smile.gif

Thanks for the very informative info (especially for the NYC area) on the EWSB 94' and how the distribution channels work in general. I just may have to go out tonight and pick me up yet another bottle of 93' to help with 'the cause'! lol.gif

Glad to have you on board here in the forums as well! Someone such as yourself can really provide interesting and informative information. Enjoy yourself and welcome again. toast.gif

Larry is too much of a gentleman to say this, but the '94 isn't available yet because you haven't bought enough of the '93, so get busy.

Surely you jest, kind sir! A miscalculation in production is never the consumer's fault, although it may indeed be his or her problem!

(There's plenty of the '94 EWSB available in Kentucky! Get going!)

I bought a '94 nearly a month ago here in Middle Tennessee -- of course, I had to clean out the store's stock of earlier EWSBs (which all happened to be '89s) in order to prompt the owner to order anew. But what he got was the '94.

It takes a while to make it to West Coast, but the '94 EWSB is now in stock at several WA state liquor stores; along with one in my cabinet.

Also, please to see BT back of the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 89? What is that stuff like?

I had the 90 and didn't appreciate it until it was too late, and there wasn't much left.Think it's cuz the whiskey changes a little while sitting around for months.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.