Booker's Boxes...What to do with 'em?

Richnimrod
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over the last few years, I've already tossed at least a half-dozen of the boxes that Booker's comes packaged inside, I now find myself with a sudden surplus of 6-more.   I always kinda thought there should be some use for the boxes.    They're pretty sturdy, and have that swell sliding clear front.

Anyway, I've been cleaning up the bunker (looking for more room), and found I can cram an extra bottle in there for each two Booker's Boxes I eliminate, so I've done exactly that.     No-brainer, actually, the boxes do nothing at all for storage of Bourbon, and obviously take up more space.   So, my question is thus.....

What the heck (if anything at all) are these boxes good for????   ....And, don't start with the 'build a deer blind' or whatever.    I really am looking for some reason not to toss 'em all out.

I started with two boxes.  I knocked out the "top" which required some nailing as the top and bottom are stapled to the sides which holds the whole thing together.  I stacked the two boxes and fastened them together with a nice looking duct tape (it has flying pigs on it) and used the knocked-off top to make a little foot near the now-open end.  I store BBQ tools with long handles (like kabob spikes, huge spoons, huge spatulas, etc.) in them.  The flat things (spatulas, one big spoon, and some teflon mops with flat heads) go in the lower one, and round or sharp things and the cylindrical stuff (like sauce mops with stringy heads) go in the top one.  In the THIRD box which I did not modify, I keep my thermometers and the probes so the cables don't get kinked.  I did not fasten it to the other two boxes.

EDIT - sharp things go point-in; everything else goes useful end out.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Good for holding bitters bottles on the bar. Or collections of sample bottles of various whiskey. Have also seen them used to hold the cue chalk for a friend who has a pool table.

Fairly easily stackable and good for holding a wide variety of odds and ends I expect!

Edited by tanstaafl2

I use my box with the wooden lid on it to store various key rings, hat pins, zippo lighters and random small items I've collected at distilleries and from retail stores over the years.  Because we don't get the wooden boxes here in Australia very often (something about unsealed wood needing to be sprayed for potential vermin), mine tend to be filled again anytime I buy a new bottle.

I sent mine to Cam.  :lol:

Actually it was a KC box, but what the heck…… :P

Anything you would / could also use small baskets for...  Keeping remote controls in one place...  Organizing toiletries on your vanity...  A place for your wallet, keys, phone, loose change, etc... 

Thanx Guys!   Some or all of these are good suggestions.    Keep 'em coming.

I may have to go scoop a few more Booker's . . . Just for the BOXES!    HA!    But where in the hell will I put the bottles??????    Problems, Problems.....

We've got a local restaurant that uses them to hold the menu's, napkins, salt/pepper shakers and condiments.  They've got one on every table in the place!   

10 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

But where in the hell will I put the bottles??????    Problems, Problems.....

The bottles go in the recycling container after the contents have been passed through your digestive tract. :D

I currently have 3 boxes for the 5 Booker's bottles in my possession. 1 bottle came without a box (I think the store was using them to build displays), and another had one of the wood staples missing, so I tossed it. I was literally just wondering last night what to do with the boxes, and now I find this thread. :lol:

If you have several boxes, and some basic woodworking skills, you could build a nice little whisky serving tray.

You could also have someone with wood burning skills burn  the Booker's name into one of the boards that can be used for the tray bottom.

The whisky serving tray can be as simple or as fancy as you like, and it would be unique, and definitely a special item to enjoy your Booker's with. It can be built in a weekend, and provide many years of enjoyment.

If anyone's interested, I can walk you through the process.

Dean

9 hours ago, no proof said:

The bottles go in the recycling container after the contents have been passed through your digestive tract. :D

I was actually referring to the full ones; but thanx for the good advice.   HA!

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Storing rifle scopes!   ;)

I actually already have two scopes in one of 'em.   All my other scopes are on rifles.   And, that is a great use of the box.

I've seen the napkin/shaker/condiment idea in use and it looks good. Workbench organizer seems like a good idea, too.

With the new pricing and what not, I wonder if Beam will start offering rebates for returned Booker's boxes. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Several of mine are in the basement workshop. Used for the storage of odd parts, odds and ends. Advantage is you can see what is inside without opening.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.