What Water of Life did you purchase today? Fall/Winter 2016-2017

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

25 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Not my first "fall" purchase, but the latest one!  

20161111_154928.jpg

This hit stores around here at some point this week, but I haven't had time to grab a bottle.  I'm not one to worry about that presentation, but I can't think of a more engaging label on a bottle of whiskey.

Looks lovely! And having gotten to try it already I am confident it will taste lovely as well. I have some awaiting my return from down island.

I renewed my Compass Box cult membership status with a Spice Tree Extravaganza today @ $129.  MoCo will probably have it for $100ish later, but I am weak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hunter Laing's The Sovereign 51 year blended malt - K&L exclusive. Friend in SF got one and I couldn't resist copying him. Might be a while before I physically have it but it's paid for. 

On 11/12/2016 at 8:32 PM, garbanzobean said:

I renewed my Compass Box cult membership status with a Spice Tree Extravaganza today @ $129.  MoCo will probably have it for $100ish later, but I am weak.

Have you or anyone seen the 3 Year Old Deluxe? 

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

I'm out of the country at the moment so I can't check, but I believe the same place I got STE from had it.  That's been quite awhile though, so it may have sold out.

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

It has been on the shelves in Atlanta for a month or so. I have tried it many, many times! Well, OK, several times. That includes two separate times in the company of John Glaser. So I am as much a member of the cult as anyone but this one, while quite good, doesn't quite reach the level of some of the other higher end CB bottles I have, at least for me (The General, Hedonism Maximus for example). And I am as big a Talisker fan as I am a CB fan.

Spice Tree Extravaganza on the other hand was wonderful, and well worth the upgrade from regular Spice Tree. And Spice Tree is already probably my favorite of the Signature Range.

Edited by tanstaafl2

I haven't seen it around Chicago, but I haven't been looking too hard either given the price tag.  The Spice Tree may be the better purchase from what I'm hearing.

Hunter Laing's The Sovereign 51 year blended malt - K&L exclusive. Friend in SF got one and I couldn't resist copying him. Might be a while before I physically have it but it's paid for. 

Let us know how that one is when you have occasion to open it. I picked up one of the Sovereign grain casks to split with a few friends.

Also picked up a bottle each of the two newest K&L exclusive Hepburn's Choice. One is a Glenallachie 11yo aged in a first fill sherry cask, the other a Dailuaine aged in 2nd fill sherry. Was hoping to try and evaluate them both to see if I wanted to pick up additional bottles, but the Glenallachie sold out very quickly @ $50. First impression of the Dailuaine was positive but not sure I need a 2nd bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:12 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

It has been on the shelves in Atlanta for a month or so. I have tried it many, many times! Well, OK, several times. That includes two separate times in the company of John Glaser. So I am as much a member of the cult as anyone but this one, while quite good, doesn't quite reach the level of some of the other higher end CB bottles I have, at least for me (The General, Hedonism Maximus for example). And I am as big a Talisker fan as I am a CB fan.

Spice Tree Extravaganza on the other hand was wonderful, and well worth the upgrade from regular Spice Tree. And Spice Tree is already probably my favorite of the Signature Range.

Went back and retried the 3yo Deluxe last night and I find a like it a lot more now than I had before. Perhaps trying it on its own without anything else on the palate first has allowed some of the subtlety to come forward. Might just be one of those whiskies that needs its own time and place to shine. In any case further exploration is indicated!

The Flaming Hearts were cheaper than what I paid for them on release so I couldn't pass them up.  Went in just looking for the Christmas Ale and ended up bringingredients home the three hitchhikers lol.M2BE3gT.jpg

Edited by johnnyz28
Text

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Caol Ila 17 unpeated for X-Mas.  Had one previously and it was good enough to ask for another from Santa 

Glenmorangie Pioneer boxed set that includes 750ml Original 10 year, plus 50ml of Quinta Ruban, and 50ml of Lasanta.  

Received a LS gift card from my son for Christmas so I went shopping today and picked up an Ardbeg 10 gift set that included 50ml sample bottles of Corryvreckan and Uigeadail, and I also got gift set of Arran 10 year with nosing glasses.

I decided to stop at another LS on the way home...just to see, but a bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh was staring at me on the shelf with a better price than I have seen before in my area, so it also came home with me. It was a good day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found a cache of Lagavulin 12s for $89 today so one of those followed me home too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Bowmore Small Batch for $35. Not a top-shelf malt by any means but its got a nice underlying smoke flavor that I like. A pour for when I don't want to think too hard about my whisky.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.