Flor De Cana 18

JT3NSB
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up one of these at a good price while hunting. I like their 7 yr, but hadn't tried any of their aged offerings?  anyone try this? Thoughts?

I believe the age statement on Flor De Cana was removed within the last year or so.  You will see numbers on the bottles, but those numbers really don't mean anything without the "year(S)" next to it.   I hate how lax the rum world is, be it age statements, or "extra" ingredients added to the bottle.  I am curious about Flor De Cana however.  I've always passed it up, but like you, am interested to hear what people think of their offerings.

I've had the 18 on multiple occasions and it's always a solid if unexceptional sipping rum. It never surprises me but it always goes down easy and has lots of vanilla and caramel flavors. I actually recently grabbed a couple of them on deep discount as well.

I have a special place in my heart for FDC because I've been to the distillery (which I'll get around to writing about one of these days). Losing the age statements was unfortunate (I think this was a couple years ago) but I do like that they don't add much/any sugar (the 12 and below don't have any AFAIK but the 18 has some). Although I wouldn't be surprised if they have added coloring and flavoring.

Report back when you open your bottle and let us know how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.