Angostura scandal

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This won't help the rum perception any:

THE integrity of Angostura's rum is under audit.

The local rum company has been buying bulk rum from Cuba and South America and simply repackaging it, without substantial chan­ges, and selling it to export markets.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20161203/news/audit-into-angostura-rum-ceo-sent-on-leave-company-using-foreign-bulk-rum-in-local-products-for-export

Imagine if a distiller in Scotland bought bulk malt from a source in France another in Nepal and another in India then bottled it and called it Scotch distilled in Scotland and promoted it as a national heritage product.

As 

7 hours ago, sailor22 said:

Imagine if a distiller in Scotland bought bulk malt from a source in France another in Nepal and another in India then bottled it and called it Scotch distilled in Scotland and promoted it as a national heritage product.

As you have taught me, the rum industry is not as beholden to issues of integrity as the Scotch industry is.  Makes it all the more important to buy what you like regardless of the story when it comes to rum.

As if anyone needed another reason not to buy rum from Angostura that has been made in the last few years. Maybe even the last decade or so. Unfortunately I did essentially just that recently. Won't happen again if I can avoid it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.