Cubans

Bourbonmakesmepoop
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know when we will be able to get Cuban cigars in the US now that the embargo has been lifted?

• 4 months later...

meh, your not really missing out on much. Given that a lot of great stuff is coming from different regions besides some very old cigars, they aren't going to be pure Cuban tobacco anyways.

Edited by ModestGlutton
I make less mistakes when I'm not sober....go figure

4 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

We get a lot of Cubans every year already.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

you're in St. Louis, come to FL. At least the food is. so. good. And the women...luxuriously sexy, unlike the new-er cigars.

I'll take Nashville or Chicago women over anywhere I've been in FL. Plus St Louis is home to my wife, and she wins the race hands down.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

My daughter brought me some Cubans when she returned from a Caribbean trip last fall.  Some Cohibas, and Bolivars.  I still prefer a quality hand rolled Nicaraguaian like an A J Fernandez but it is a cool curio.  

• 11 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, Irish said:

My daughter brought me some Cubans when she returned from a Caribbean trip last fall.  Some Cohibas, and Bolivars.  I still prefer a quality hand rolled Nicaraguaian like an A J Fernandez but it is a cool curio.  

If she was on a cruise, more than likely non-factory

I gave up on Cuban cigars right around 2000;  got tired of dropping +$300 and only having 50% -65% of the box being good and the beetles

On 3/7/2021 at 8:09 AM, LGC said:

If she was on a cruise, more than likely non-factory

I gave up on Cuban cigars right around 2000;  got tired of dropping +$300 and only having 50% -65% of the box being good and the beetles

Agreed.  There is no tobacco flavor like cuban but I've seen and experienced so many quality control issues (roll, beetles, mold[not plume], etc.) and the rising prices keep me away.  Lots of nice Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Dominican cigars out there. 

I have been enjoying some Padron Maduro cigars with my bourbon after dinner.

So since I have never tried a real Cuban cigar, which brand comes close?

To me it’s like hearing about the famous Pappy Van Winkle for $2700 that I probably won’t be buying( I can’t afford), there are plenty of other brands to choose from and enjoy.

There must be good non Cuban cigars that are rated just as high.

Any suggestions?

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, Havanahead said:

I would consider a Partagas Series D Robusto!

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely try one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.