Booker's MSRP and allocation?

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Those are going to be harder to find in the near future as well. 

I know, Ive been collecting those as I see them too. Seeing a LOT of them under 100 proof, inteerstingly enough. I have a 10 and an 11 year both right at 96proof

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jd1585 said:

Just saw Booker's for 101.00 at Kroger. I guess the price jump happened.

No your store just didn't get the memo

5 hours ago, jd1585 said:

Just saw Booker's for 101.00 at Kroger. I guess the price jump happened.

That's just insane. It's up to $69 at Fry's (Kroger) around here and I think that's too much.

Batches 2016-4, 5, & 6 are still $56 locally. I might have been buying them if I didn't have other hoarding goals at the moment.

it's still $64 in Phoenix. The store I was in on Sunday had 5 or 6 of the batches on the shelf.  Maybe its just not popular here.   

Here in NC, Booker's was $60, then went on sale for $55 for January, now it is $70 going forward. I'm done.

I think this was mentioned up thread somewhere, but it's been priced at $76 at TW here in WA State for a while now (long before the announcements) and I have yet to buy one at that price and have no plans to. If I can't find it online for cheaper, I just won't buy it anymore.

Stopped at Costco this evening and noted that it's holding steady at $49.99. I'm stocked, but it's good to see the price remaining in reasonable territory in some places.

Bookers is holding steady at $56 at one store and $65 at another. Doesn't appear to be a big mover, lots of inventory on the shelf.

Picked up a bottle yesterday, Friday, $76 on sale for $66 at my local Kroger.  Talking to them they said their supplier said it is on it's way to $99.

• 1 month later...

All this chatter got to me, and the local retail did increase $10 a fifth, so I paid the local retail (~$70) to satisfy my curiosity -  down to about two drams left in the bottle of Bluegill Creek (love the batch names).  I appreciate the relative balance for a very high proof bourbon, and detected no off or negative traits. Easy drinking high proof bourbon, that tastes like bourbon.  In the spectrum of flavor, I found it hard to classify, and admittedly, at this price point, I have limited experience.  One trivial recommendation:  Lose the wine bottle, and pirate-era cursive and parchment rum label, in favor of a traditional whiskey profile and presentation in packaging.  The wood box is ok, having a rustic appearance, but is somewhat low brow compared to what is being imitated.   My overall impression, is that its different enough, and costs enough to generate polarity, with lovers and scoffers.  Its April, and still holding at $70.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:55 PM, Darwin said:

it's still $64 in Phoenix. The store I was in on Sunday had 5 or 6 of the batches on the shelf.  Maybe its just not popular here.   

Perhaps Booker's suffers from availability syndrome. Several of us have commented that "at that price I'd rather have xx, or xx, or...." I don't know about where you live, but where I am Booker's is always available but xx and xx are unicorns. How much would you be willing to pay and how far would you drive for Booker's if you could not get it?

49 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

Perhaps Booker's suffers from availability syndrome. Several of us have commented that "at that price I'd rather have xx, or xx, or...." I don't know about where you live, but where I am Booker's is always available but xx and xx are unicorns. How much would you be willing to pay and how far would you drive for Booker's if you could not get it?

Now I'm in a holding pattern wrt Booker's purchases.  I have enough to drink for a couple of years.  They have reduced the number of releases per year.  I want to see if that has any effect on age.  It is possible that they will just make the fewer releases each larger, and not change from the current ages of ~6.5 yrs.  I am hopeful that the age may slowly go back to 7.5-8 years.  Then I'll seriously consider if it might be worth the increased price.  

Around here it's $70 - $75.  I picked up two bottles of 2017-01, one for myself and one for my first grandchild (due in September) that, good Lord willing, will be opened on their 21st birthday and be enjoyed by both of us.  Right now the Booker's price is at the very top of my price range.  If it goes to $99 . . .  I'm not sure.

It's been at $76 here for a while now and I haven't been a buyer since then. Just not worth it to me. I do like it so it's a shame that they've priced me out. I may find myself missing it in a year or so and give in, unless that is, it goes to $100. If that happens they can forget about it.

I don't particularly care for Bookers at $50 so I'm sure as hell not going to like it when it tries to achieve unicorn status at $100.

The price seems to be creeping up just about everywhere around here except Costco, where it's holding steady at $49.99. 

7 hours ago, Flyfish said:

.... How much would you be willing to pay and how far would you drive for Booker's if you could not get it?

I do have a bottle of Booker's for friends, but I am rather indifferent about it.  I am very happy to have FRSB, FRsB, ER, WTRB or WTKS.  Blanton's is another expression that I like, but I rarely see it here. I have never seen any of the Four Roses special releases in Arizona. I have to get those in Colorado, but I won't go out of my way for any spirit.  When bourbon prices are north of $50/60, I would rather purchase a nice single malt instead.  To be honest I could do without all spirits and be totally happy. 

1 hour ago, mosugoji64 said:

The price seems to be creeping up just about everywhere around here except Costco, where it's holding steady at $49.99. 

I have never been in that Costco.  Next time I make a trip to Bass Pro I will add it to the list.  ;)

I picked up a handful of bottles when a local put them on sale for $33. I don't regret that, but I do like the KCSB profile a bit more.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any new bottles of Bookers since the announcement last year. A few stores still have older bottles. They are off the beaten path and the price remains the same as it was but none of the main stream store around here have had any new inventory show up yet. 

costco has it the cheapest around here. it went from $45 to about $60. I loaded up at $45 when I heard the news. I'll wait out the drama.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.