TX Bourbon finally released

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was not impressed with the TX bourbon, despite revisiting it at various times this spring hoping that the taste would improve.  I thought it had a funny smell and a funny aftertaste.  Its drinkable, but not something I will ever purchase again unless they have some older bottlings in the future.  There are much better bourbons out there in that price range.

3 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I was not impressed with the TX bourbon, despite revisiting it at various times this spring hoping that the taste would improve.  I thought it had a funny smell and a funny aftertaste.  Its drinkable, but not something I will ever purchase again unless they have some older bottlings in the future.  There are much better bourbons out there in that price range.

I agree for the most part.  As I've said for months, the nose is pretty offensive on my palate, I still can't place it but it still isn't good to me.  The taste and finish are better than the nose, but that nose is really wretched and holds the bottle back.  I keep a bottle as my lone Texas representative, not because I think it's worth the $50, it's still the best the state has to offer (sadly).  I revisit it every month or so but the nose hasn't improved any yet.  If it's the age, hopefully future batches spend more time in the barrel.  The F&R boys do everything the right way (all Texas ingredients, which is why they use wheat instead of rye - rye can't grow here), 53 gallon barrels, etc), so I hope it works out in the long run.

Edited by dcbt
typo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.