WTMK Decades

jsrudd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am really enjoying this release better than Masters Keep 17 (though it was good) and much better than Diamond Anniversary.  I actually batted Diamond Anniversary into a bottle of Rare Breed.  With that said, of the recent special editions from Wild Turkey, this and the Russell's Reserve 1998 are my favorites.  I've picked up another bottle of Decades for my bunker.  Getting a lot of vanilla and spices on the nose, and it certainly is mature--sweet and musky oak.  The price is the only thing that I can criticize, gladly it seems to be fairly available, and is definitely worth consideration.

1 hour ago, Jazz Nut said:

I am really enjoying this release better than Masters Keep 17 (though it was good) and much better than Diamond Anniversary.  I actually batted Diamond Anniversary into a bottle of Rare Breed.  With that said, of the recent special editions from Wild Turkey, this and the Russell's Reserve 1998 are my favorites.  I've picked up another bottle of Decades for my bunker.  Getting a lot of vanilla and spices on the nose, and it certainly is mature--sweet and musky oak.  The price is the only thing that I can criticize, gladly it seems to be fairly available, and is definitely worth consideration.

I just picked one up about an hour ago and just cracked it open and I agree with your assessment. I'll be picking up another.

6 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Agreed. I hope this signals a return to form for WT

On March 26, 2017 at 6:50 PM, flahute said:

I just picked one up about an hour ago and just cracked it open and I agree with your assessment. I'll be picking up another.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this on a bourbon forum, but I haven't had a taste of a WT product in at least 10 years, aside from it being in a few Manhattans I've had. I just never was really a fan. That said, the more I read about this bottle, the more I want to give WT another shot. I know my palate has changed quite a bit in the last decade. Perhaps it's time.

1 minute ago, DeepCover said:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this on a bourbon forum, but I haven't had a taste of a WT product in at least 10 years, aside from it being in a few Manhattans I've had. I just never was really a fan. That said, the more I read about this bottle, the more I want to give WT another shot. I know my palate has changed quite a bit in the last decade. Perhaps it's time.

That's a big commitment for someone who's sworn off Turkey for a decade. I'd recommend trying a good Russell's Single Barrel in a bar to see if the profile is back in your wheelhouse.

Just now, flahute said:

That's a big commitment for someone who's sworn off Turkey for a decade. I'd recommend trying a good Russell's Single Barrel in a bar to see if the profile is back in your wheelhouse.

Sorry, yes I meant trying it in a bar first.

i see Russell's SB in bars. I'll give it a shot the next opportunity I get. I don't believe I've seen the WTMK Decades in a bar. I'll be on the lookout for that one also.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. I've tried WT101 multiple times trying to find anything I liked about it to no avail. I like several other WT items however. It's all about the individual palate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I've noticed this has been discounted in many markets to $100. IMO thats a steal compared to all the overpriced crap on the market currently.

• I like it 2

I've noticed this has been discounted in many markets to $100. IMO thats a steal compared to all the overpriced crap on the market currently.

I’ve got several bottles already, but I’d still buy more at that price!
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.