Jack Daniels 150th 100 proof

VAGentleman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

VA ABC had a 20% off coupon for repeal day so I said what the heck and  picked up a bottle of the 150th commemorative JD at 100 proof.  This is different from the 86 commemorative bottle, nicer bottle and packaging.  Supposedly they did some kind of special or longer seasoning of the barrels on this one.  This was actually pretty good.  Lots of maple syrup flavors, I also get some coffee in there.  A little bit of cherries and leather at the end with some nice barrel char taste.  No too hot but a nice little kick at 100 proof.  A little pricey at the $80 I got it for but it is a 1 Liter bottle so you get a little more.  Probably won't buy a second but glad I got this one for a discount

On 12/19/2016 at 9:24 AM, VAGentleman said:

VA ABC had a 20% off coupon for repeal day so I said what the heck and  picked up a bottle of the 150th commemorative JD at 100 proof.  This is different from the 86 commemorative bottle, nicer bottle and packaging.  Supposedly they did some kind of special or longer seasoning of the barrels on this one.  This was actually pretty good.  Lots of maple syrup flavors, I also get some coffee in there.  A little bit of cherries and leather at the end with some nice barrel char taste.  No too hot but a nice little kick at 100 proof.  A little pricey at the $80 I got it for but it is a 1 Liter bottle so you get a little more.  Probably won't buy a second but glad I got this one for a discount

Sounds pretty tasty. I'm curious how this compares to some of JD's other higher-end offerings, such as the JDSB or the JDSBBP. Any chance you have one of those open to compare to?

I do.  This one is heavier on the maple and has the interesting coffee thing going on.  The BP has more cherries in the one I have and is obviously hotter with the higher proof.  I have a JSSB Silver select open that is more of the regular JD taste but amped up to 10.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.