What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Our Liquor Barn just got a bunch in.  However, it is $41.99, not $29.  Thinking of picking up a bottle.  Been thinking about getting a OF Prohibition Style but this is $18 less so . . . ? ? ?

Did a SBS with OF SB and OF 1920 a couple weeks ago. Same flavor profile, but the 1920 is pretty much bursting with flavor and made the SB seem watered down in comparison. The 1920 was close to beating out the OFBB and actually does if you factor in price. My money would go to the 1920. Just my opinion though, YMMV. You may have to buy both and try them! :D

JT

Edited by JTaylor

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

Did a SBS with OF SB and OF 1920 a couple weeks ago. Same flavor profile, but the 1920 is pretty much bursting with flavor and made the SB seem watered down in comparison. The 1920 was close to beating out the OFBB and actually does if you factor in price. My money would go to the 1920. Just my opinion though, YMMV. You may have to buy both and try them! :D

JT

So, I just buy both and when my wife asks, I just tell her that JT said I had to.  Hmmm . . . . I can live with that. 

I usually don't pick up this level of spiciness from Baker's. Lots of cinnamon and anise. I'm attributing it to time of day and no lunch yet. Nothing messing with my palate to throw it off maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Our Liquor Barn just got a bunch in.  However, it is $41.99, not $29.  Thinking of picking up a bottle.  Been thinking about getting a OF Prohibition Style but this is $18 less so . . . ? ? ?

The OF 1920 is just so smooth. One of the best bottles I bought last year. I would be surprised is the SB could compete against it. 

Odd but good coincidence that y'all are speaking of OF 1920. That's what I'm pouring this evening. :P

Cheers! Joe

18 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

So, I just buy both and when my wife asks, I just tell her that JT said I had to.  Hmmm . . . . I can live with that. 

I'll take full responsibility!

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.