What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, beasled said:

I tried it on its own and found with a drop or two of water it opened up nicely.

Enjoy!

Just poured a glass of 2016 FR smb, added a few drop of water. You were right this edition needs water. Less hot on the nose, the flavors start to come out, lovely pour. 

Cheers ! 

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Just poured a glass of 2016 FR smb, added a few drop of water. You were right this edition needs water. Less hot on the nose, the flavors start to come out, lovely pour. 

Cheers ! 

Awesome! My thoughts exactly. Enjoy :)

Just a lazy afternoon watching Christmas Vacation with the GF. Started with HHBIB, now WT 101. 

Revisiting the WTAS tonight. Such a departure from recent LE offering from them.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MM46. Received two as presents in the last couple days. Not my favorite but I'm enjoying more than typical tonight. The mouthfeel is much chewier than I remember. Could be my cold I've been fighting but better than I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Everett's PS Weller 12.  This one has been open for years, and has only a couple of inches left.  Haven't touched it forever, but it is as good as i remember it.   When I last put it back in my bar storage, I was careful to properly Feng Shui it's position in a prominent Southeast location with the label facing due West.  Bingo!  Worked like a charm.  I may try and draw out more cherry notes for next time, but I'll have to consult my luapan to see where I put it.  Northeast, perhaps ?

image.jpg

Edited by smokinjoe

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

An Everett's PS Weller 12.  This one has been open for years, and has only a couple of inches left.  Haven't touched it forever, but it is as good as i remember it.   When I last put it back in my bar storage, I was careful to properly Feng Shui it's position in a prominent Southeast location with the label facing due West.  Bingo!  Worked like a charm.  I may try and draw out more cherry notes for next time, but I'll have to consult my luapan to see where I put it.  Northeast, perhaps ?

image.jpg

Darned fine bottle Joe. I haven't had one open in quite a while. :mellow: FWIW, mine isn't open, but it's in the very back northwest corner of my cabinet facing east. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

Larceny for me tonight....working ok, wishing I had a few other options but I'm at the in laws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Enjoying a nice pour of FRSiB.  Just the standard bottle.  The most recent few bottles were a little disappointing as they weren't as enjoyable as those in the past.  However, this barrel is hitting on all cylinders.  A nose of cinnamon and caramel.  A flavor with a slight hint of cherry, cinnamon and spice.  This is the perfect Christmas season pour.  Not bad for a $27 bottle.  

Decided to revisit an open bottle of Booker's LE Rye. It's been several months since I had a pour with no drop off noticeable to my pallet .  Gonna miss it when finally empty! 

Looking at 4 days off and Christmas, so continuing going with oldies.  One of my faves, a distilled 1964/bottled 1971 Old Charter BIB.  Great butterscotch up front (so many from this era had this for some reason) with a big pop of cinnamon on the finish.  A bit of co-cola in there mid palate.  Besides being a sleeper but wonderful whiskey, the OC bottle and packaging is gorgeous.    

image.jpg

image.jpg

A rather disappointing SAOS 10yo SiB....Pretty one dimensional.  My first SA and I feel a little let down.  Hopefully it improves with some time in the bottle.

Was posting in the fall thread by mistake so I'm transferring over here. I did pour that WLW I mentioned was on deck. Finishing the evening with some Booker's 25th.

16 minutes ago, flahute said:

Was posting in the fall thread by mistake so I'm transferring over here. I did pour that WLW I mentioned was on deck. Finishing the evening with some Booker's 25th.

Get on board! :lol:

I called a cult meeting to order so I could have a bit of a Liquor Barn OESF.  This one takes (and needs) a bit of water to dial it in.  Taking it down to around 110 (from 118) really gets it in the 'sweet spot'.  A fantastic 9 year/7 month old barrel selection!     

Enjoying some Booker's Noe's Secret. Last of the bottle. I probably can't finish it tonight though. If has been s fun bottle to experiment. Good batch 

Last night I popped open a dusty find at a local LS, 2001 Old Fitzgerald Prime 86 proof.  Was a very tasty pour-- glad I bought the 3 remaining!

Not enjoying just yet, but just vatted a high octane 4 Roses Small Batch.  Average age 11 years 4 months and 115.25 proof.  All gift shop purchases.  

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

27 minutes ago, kyrocklover said:

Not enjoying just yet, but just vatted a high octane 4 Roses Small Batch.  Average age 11 years 4 months and 115.25 proof.  All gift shop purchases.  

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

The cult approves of this exercise and expects a full report upon your first taste of the batch.

4 hours ago, flahute said:

The cult approves of this exercise and expects a full report upon your first taste of the batch.

4 hours ago, kyrocklover said:

screw reports, I expect a sample in the mail.  You Sir (kyrocklover), ..... I like your style!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.