What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 minutes ago, no proof said:

Me too! Blue labels, though...

Congrats, feels good right ? I think it's the same juice.

How much did you pay for a bottle ? 

2 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I went "treasure hunting" this morning and hit pay dirt.  20% off a very hard to find bottle.  :DIMG_0443.JPG

Nice grab!  I decided to take a morning run before "treasure hunting."  By the time I got there, the two stores near me were wiped out except for Bookers, HW Double Rye and Carl T. Starlight Bourbon and Rye.  The manager at the store that I typically go to told me he had quite a bit that had not been claimed.  He said there was a line waiting when the store opened.  

3 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Congrats, feels good right ? I think it's the same juice.

How much did you pay for a bottle ? 

About $60 each including shipping in online auctions. I've heard the blue labels are the same stuff, but haven't tried them myself yet

3 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I went "treasure hunting" this morning and hit pay dirt.  20% off a very hard to find bottle.  :DIMG_0443.JPG

I hope you got one of the "good" barrels!

6 minutes ago, no proof said:

About $60 each including shipping in online auctions. I've heard the blue labels are the same stuff, but haven't tried them myself yet

You win. I paid €65 each without the delivery. Ive heard same juice just a different label. 

U.K.´s auction ? 

Cheers! 

Will.

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

U.K.´s auction ? 

Yahoo auctions here in Japan.

There are a few WT12 auctions up at any time, usually for the single red labels, but split labels and CGF auctions are fairly common. Price increases a bit from blue to red labels, but split label doubles again (around $130 ~ $140 plus shipping) and CGF goes for approximately $300.

8 minutes ago, no proof said:

Yahoo auctions here in Japan.

There are a few WT12 auctions up at any time, usually for the single red labels, but split labels and CGF auctions are fairly common. Price increases a bit from blue to red labels, but split label doubles again (around $130 ~ $140 plus shipping) and CGF goes for approximately $300.

Ok, What's CGF ? 

36 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Ok, What's CGF ? 

"Cheesy Gold Foil" a tongue in cheek Bourbon nerd name for a version of WT 12/101 taken from the garish gold label and gold tube packaging. Out of production for a long while. A coveted dusty.

Edited by Old Dusty

14 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

"Cheesy Gold Foil" a tongue in cheek Bourbon nerd name for a version of WT 12/101 taken from the garish gold label and gold tube packaging. Out of production for a long while. A coveted dusty.

Thanks for the heads up

Will.

1 hour ago, emr454 said:

Thats a good pair! I don't think I've ever seen ETL in my area.

Here in the NW Elmer T's rarely show up. My buddy called as soon as he spot a bottle, coz it's 1 per customer.  

A Blanton's Original Single Barrel store pick for me today.  My first Blanton's and also ended up getting the "B" cork!

8 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

A Blanton's Original Single Barrel store pick for me today.  My first Blanton's and also ended up getting the "B" cork!

If you've not tried it before I feel sure you will thoroughly enjoy it - this is easily my most consumed brand

I grabbed a box of blantons today. Got home unboxed it to discover that it's an Oklahoma bourbon lovers release

Edited by Clay Cline

My wife and I had our regular weekend grocery shopping to do today, so of course I just had to check out the liquor department. As I've stated recently, I'm really trying to curtail my purchases, and drink my bunker down more, but........ I've started on a BIB kick, and I've opened a few BIB's here lately. I was surprised to see a row of Barton BIB on the shelf. I'd never seen it at that store before, and I haven't had a bottle in quite a while. Hmmmmm. Then I saw a row of JTS Brown BIB. I just finished the last one I had a couple of weeks ago. Hmmmmmm again. One of each came home with me. It's not very often that I can walk out of a liquor store having only spent $30.00 on two bottles. Back to the buying less......so I lied. Sue me! :lol: What else can I say? I just can't help myself. :huh:

Cheers! Joe

Got a bottle of Blanton's. The last letter I was missing, the L. I was gouged a bit on the price though. $70...79 after tax. Blanton's has always been on the high end, but I've usually seen it between $50 and $65. Before I left, I confirmed that the increased price was all the owner's decision--pure profit. In fact, he marked up all the Saz/BT products about 10% over his previous prices.

Edited by Niner Outlaw

11 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I'd like to try that some day.

4 hours ago, emr454 said:

Thats a good pair! I don't think I've ever seen ETL in my area.

Very Nice!

54 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My wife and I had our regular weekend grocery shopping to do today, so of course I just had to check out the liquor department. As I've stated recently, I'm really trying to curtail my purchases, and drink my bunker down more, but........ I've started on a BIB kick, and I've opened a few BIB's here lately. I was surprised to see a row of Barton BIB on the shelf. I'd never seen it at that store before, and I haven't had a bottle in quite a while. Hmmmmm. Then I saw a row of JTS Brown BIB. I just finished the last one I had a couple of weeks ago. Hmmmmmm again. One of each came home with me. It's not very often that I can walk out of a liquor store having only spent $30.00 on two bottles. Back to the buying less......so I lied. Sue me! :lol: What else can I say? I just can't help myself. :huh:

Cheers! Joe

You were at a grocery store buying food and decided to pick up a BIB, or two. :lol:

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

You were at a grocery store buying food and decided to pick up a BIB, or two. :lol:

LOL That does sound kinda funny.

On the serious side though, we do our main grocery shopping at a couple of places. Sadly we have to drive a bit because both places have better prices on their food (and liquor) than the big chain store just 4 blocks from our house. The one we went to yesterday has a great liquor department. FWIW, their liquor department is separate from the rest of the store, and both their selection and pricing is about the best in the area. As per usual, when we walked into the store, my wife headed straight into the main store, and I took a right into the liquor department. My wife looked over her shoulder, gave me "the look"  and said, "See you at the checkout."  <_< As luck would have it, after looking things over, chatting with a couple of people (cough-cough :huh:) and making my purchases, my timing was perfect. With my bottles in hand /bag, I met my wife just as she was checking out. :D

Cheers! Joe

Picked this up today. Signature is very nice, best out there for the price, too me. Let's see how this compares.

IMG_0683_zpsca8ji1lb.jpg

34 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Picked this up today. Signature is very nice, best out there for the price, too me. Let's see how this compares.

IMG_0683_zpsca8ji1lb.jpg

I too enjoyed OF Sig the one time I bought it. This one keeps getting passed over at the store so I'll be curious to know what you think about it. Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.