huge price discrepancy on bruichhladdich "laddie"

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw it at Binny's for 54.99; then found and bought a bottle at Woodman's in Illinois for 48.99; then saw it today in Southern Wisconsin for 34.99.  Not a typo: 34.99.   $20 difference 60 miles apart.  That's a new record (for me)...

Edited by Steve L

Now you know why everybody wants out of Illinois. We are being taxed to death and what worse is the bottle tax is so high it ps hard to find solace by drinking. 

1 hour ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Now you know why everybody wants out of Illinois. We are being taxed to death and what worse is the bottle tax is so high it ps hard to find solace by drinking. 

Bolted out to one last store to buy my better half a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream.  We ran into a guy doing a Bruichladdich tasting, of all things.  (All of a sudden can't get away from the stuff...)   I told him the story -- he said 34.99 is COST.   I think somebody goofed up...

4 hours ago, Steve L said:

Bolted out to one last store to buy my better half a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream.  We ran into a guy doing a Bruichladdich tasting, of all things.  (All of a sudden can't get away from the stuff...)   I told him the story -- he said 34.99 is COST.   I think somebody goofed up...

Probably cost from their distributor. Don't forget that it's a 3-tier system and distributors are making money too.

$55 is the going rate here in VT and in NH. They're both liquor control states with standard markups that put the retail prices pretty close to where the producers want them to be. $49 is a good deal and $35 is a steal (or a mistake, depending on your perspective).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.