What beer are you drinking? (winter 2016/2017)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I got mine at Costco as well - it was a steal. I really think my dinner threw me off, it just tasted muted. Looks like MtNBourbon enjoyed it.

Costco does have great prices on their beer but the selection is pretty hit and miss. 

Oh my, is this Founder's Azacca good.  Extremely creamy IPA.  A bit of sweetness to calm the citrus.  Excellent!

image.jpg

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Oh my, is this Founder's Azacca good.  Extremely creamy IPA.  A bit of sweetness to calm the citrus.  Excellent!

image.jpg

That's a great beer, and at a pretty nice price for 15 cans!

I'm enjoying an OddSide ales Rye Hipster Brunch Stout.  Their regular Hipster Brunch stout is aged in bourbon barrels and is an excellent beer.  But aging their Hipster Brunch stout beer in rye whiskey barrels makes for an even better beer.

Founders Frootwood. This is a very unusual beer, with hints of tart cherry, maple, and vanilla. It's on the sweet side but makes an excellent dessert beer

I'm enjoying my first Guinness in a long while. Tis the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On March 16, 2017 at 11:30 PM, Kpiz said:

I'm enjoying my first Guinness in a long while. Tis the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, Kyle.  My last one from the beer fridge to close out the weekend.  I love the "surge" as I think it's called?  Mesmerizing.  The silkiness of it is so wonderful, there is nothing else quite like it from my perspective.  It's even better to experience since reading the article about the guy at Guinness who came up with the whole nitro thing.  

image.jpg

Edited by smokinjoe

Me too, Kyle.  My last one from the beer fridge to close out the weekend.  I love the "surge" as I think it's called?  Mesmerizing.  The silkiness of it is so wonderful, there is nothing else quite like it from my perspective.  It's even better to experience since reading the article about the guy at Guinness who came up with the whole nitro thing.  
image.thumb.jpg.d3cef95b283420cf95dbd9c44aecee9f.jpg

Mesmerizing is the perfect word for it, Joe. I just can't take my eyes of that beautiful cascade of bubbles in my glass. One heck of a beer-drinking setup you have there as well!

I got mine at Costco as well - it was a steal. I really think my dinner threw me off, it just tasted muted. Looks like MtNBourbon enjoyed it.

I think you are right on for the taste. It's extremely smooth. The Stickee Monkee is pretty smooth as is the Blvd BBQ though. Very, very nice beer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Late night work at a bar with the house internet on the fritz and I've got a late night database to run and test. 4 Hands Cuvee Ange to start and since I just finished, a nice Avery Mephistopheles seems a good reward. Sometimes an angel, sometimes a devil ... sounds like my kind of mix!

10 hours ago, Ravensfire said:

Late night work at a bar with the house internet on the fritz and I've got a late night database to run and test. 4 Hands Cuvee Ange to start and since I just finished, a nice Avery Mephistopheles seems a good reward. Sometimes an angel, sometimes a devil ... sounds like my kind of mix!

Avery is doing away with Mephistopheles.

Yeah, gonna miss that one. The other demons (Beast and Samael) didn't really do it for me.

An Urban Chestnut Fantasyland IPA in some kind of can with a newfangled soup can top.  To help one chug it easier, I guess?  :lol:

image.jpg

Started the evening with a Three Heads Too Kind DIPA, then on to a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Different taste profiles but both were excellent in their own right.

An Urban Chestnut Fantasyland IPA in some kind of can with a newfangled soup can top.  To help one chug it easier, I guess?  [emoji38]

image.thumb.jpg.82fd9099f5b81080919f894245fe4752.jpg

You guys are drinking stuff from my neck of the woods!

St Louis. Home to more than Budweiser!

You guys are drinking stuff from my neck of the woods!

St Louis. Home to more than Budweiser!

And a fresh Warhammer is my beer right now. I'll put the IPA's from 4 Hands and 2nd Shift against darn near anyone else. A-B is something I follow with C and D when playing with my young nieces!

• 4 months later...

Picked for $3 wasn't expecting much but hitting the spot on this hot Houston August day while I wait for the coals to get ready on the grill.

Stone brewery it's "Medieval" style brewed with Elderberries.

634543548d6300ffbda1ab78618a740e.jpg

Picked for $3 wasn't expecting much but hitting the spot on this hot Houston August day while I wait for the coals to get ready on the grill.

Stone brewery it's "Medieval" style brewed with Elderberries.

634543548d6300ffbda1ab78618a740e.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.