Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Man this is seriously good everyday bourbon.  This alone is worthy of a trip to Kentucky and worthy for case purchase IMHO.

IMG_4686.jpg

Took about two years to finish this. I found it hot at first and not all that interesting. About three months ago I made finishing it a priority when there was about 60% left because I have another one in the wings that's just over 100 proof, and I'd read good comments on the forum about the lower proofed SAOSSB. 

As I drank it more often I was able to experiment with the amount of water I added and with a little less than half left, I found a sweet spot that really brought out the flavor. I really enjoyed this one at the end, probably somewhat so because it represented a challenge that was met. I am sorry to see it go. 

Thanks Sarah!

IMG_2530.JPG

On 1/7/2017 at 3:27 PM, Tennessee Dave said:

Man this is seriously good everyday bourbon.  This alone is worthy of a trip to Kentucky and worthy for case purchase IMHO.

IMG_4686.jpg

I am so jealous.

Sent a bottle of regular BT to the bin tonight. Glad there are more where that one came from, however sometimes they go away so fast.

20 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I've enjoyed every pour of this bottle.

IMG_7942.JPG

I bet you did!  I heard that is a great one.

1 hour ago, meadeweber said:

I bet you did!  I heard that is a great one.

One of my favorites, I have three bottles left, after that, I'm afraid it will be gone forever. 

KC 100 age stated hit the bin along with a non stated VOB and David Nicholson BIB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last pour of my first bottle of Booker's. C03-I-17. I've had many others since buying this one but I kept it around. It was my first high proof bottle I bought after trying a pour in a bar. I always drank mostly JB and WSR and the occasional WR or KC100. Needed to make some room in the cabinet so finally finishing it off.  Need to finish off a 9YKC100 as well. First world problems!

20170114_123015-747x1328.jpg

Finished off a OFBB 2016 tonight.  A very good year, nothing that blew me away but it reminded me of what OF used to be and what it can be. It wasn't the best OFBB I've had, but theirs no doubt I finished the bottle faster than any other year. 

IMG_1125.JPG

1 hour ago, Hop said:

and a Blanton's Gold as I continue to clear open bottles

Speaking of which, I just finished mine off recently as well.  Absolutely delicious!

IMAG1745[1].jpg

Finished off an AB Last Millennium last night.  Reminded me a lot of ER17.  Really nice bottle.  But, alas, onward and upward.

Continuing to clear out near empties. This one too has more than a casual resemblance  to the better bottlings of ER17.

IMG_1435.JPG

I've been diligently trying to work down my open bottles. The pic below will confirm that fact. ^_^

For some unknown reason, I'd set the Stagg Jr aside on my cabinet. Not sure exactly why. CRS probably. :unsure: I ended up vatting the remnants of the OWA and Weller SR Into a 375 ml. Along with those, below are my latest contributions to the big blue bin. FWIW, the handle of OF BIB is one that I had open for quite some time, and had been milking it down slowly but surely. :P

Cheers! Joe

empty.jpeg

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I've been diligently trying to work down my open bottles. The pic below will confirm that fact. ^_^

For some unknown reason, I'd set the Stagg Jr aside on my cabinet. Not sure exactly why. CRS probably. :unsure: I ended up vatting the remnants of the OWA and Weller SR Into a 375 ml. Along with those, below are my latest contributions to the big blue bin. FWIW, the handle of OF BIB is one that I had open for quite some time, and had been milking it down slowly but surely. :P

Cheers! Joe

empty.jpeg

I cant imagine the recycle guy seeing those in the bin!  That is quite the lineup.

5 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I cant imagine the recycle guy seeing those in the bin!  That is quite the lineup.

LOL. :lol: Truth be told, our garbage men ain't the best in the world. They have a tendency to be a bit lax from time to time, and we end up with glass in the street. :huh: I've taken to putting any glass empties I have, in something else when I can. I had an empty 12 pack of pop that I put the Weller's and Stagg Jr in. The other three went into a large paper grocery bag.

Cheers! Joe

5bbbae0e-3d32-4576-804c-6cbd0b451361_zps

luckily, a trip to the basement provides instant relief. not sure when I ran out of the Fine Oak, but I'm glad I had a back up. Not gonna replace the Superstition just yet to free up a slot in the bar. I have a Jura Prophecy open. Don't need another peaty Scotch.

1915f725-94ee-41da-a952-c0440cb4f43d_zps

Edited by bigtoys

On 1/16/2017 at 11:50 AM, El Vino said:

Continuing to clear out near empties. This one too has more than a casual resemblance  to the better bottlings of ER17.

IMG_1435.JPG

Hmmm.... makes me worry about what I'll think, if and when I actually get to try ER17.

I thought cured oak to be one of the worst things I've ever tried.  Too much like nasty cherry cough syrup......which I also occasionally get from certain bottles of ER10.

After helping with a ER10 barrel selection, I can say with certainty that there are wide variances in the individual ER barrels.

10 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

If there's no handle on a 1.75L bottle of Larceny, does the volume qualify it as a "handle"?

Here's what happens to the empties, Kansas City style.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/09/14/ripple-glass-growth.html

I think those of us that use the term 'handle' use it to denote the size/quantity (1.75 L).    Personally I like the moniker; 'Family-Sized'.  ... Also used to describe a 1.75 Liter container.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.