Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Great weekend, but sad to see these two go...

I just noticed your sig for the first time. Hilarious!

Finish 4 12 hr shifts on a Cardiac ICU?

Time for a pour. Or four. 

I've enjoyed the 09 EWSB and will be stocking the bunker accordingly. 

IMG_2859.JPG

Edited by Mako254

Finish 4 12 hr shifts on a Cardiac ICU?

Time for a pour. Or four. 
I've enjoyed the 09 EWSB and will be stocking the bunker accordingly. 

IMG_2859.thumb.JPG.84f7ef7c8c1cec09751516e0f0c19c1d.JPG

I have yet to purchase any bottles of 2009 EWSB. I have some 2005-2008 bottles stored, but haven't purchased any 2009 because I thought it was getting too young. I may have to reconsider that since I've seen several over 8 years old. HMKBIB is a better value these days, but I like a good EWSB almost as much as a HMKBIB honey barrel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I have yet to purchase any bottles of 2009 EWSB. I have some 2005-2008 bottles stored, but haven't purchased any 2009 because I thought it was getting too young. I may have to reconsider that since I've seen several over 8 years old. HMKBIB is a better value these days, but I like a good EWSB almost as much as a HMKBIB honey barrel.

I had never had any of these but I got my old man one a month or two ago.  I finally tried it last weekend and really enjoyed it.  I do wish it had a little higher proof to it, but it's still a great value.

5 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

EWSB is a daily for me. The bottle shop right by costco here in columbia has 09 (my bottle was barreled april 09 bottled march 17) for $20.99. They had a couple 08s that are currently bunkered. I pick up any non 09 years and stash them but the 09 is a daily go to. 

Part of me wishes this was a higher proof but I also enjoy the 86.6 if I want to have a second (or short 3rd) pour on a night that I have to work the next day. 

Has HH ever offered a barrel proof EWSB?

Wow! $20.99 is a great price on EWSB. It's closer to $30, and sometimes over $30 in my area. It's usually as much or more than HMKBIB.

I don't really have anything that I call a daily go to since I have so many open bottles. I also wish EWSB was a bit higher proof, but I'm not aware of any higher proofed versions...other than other HH brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the quality of the KC picks stay this high for a long time. Some serious age on that one you had! The bottle I had was from a ~10.5yo barrel. I like the warehouse barrel map on the back of your bottle, they should put that on all of them.

I really dig the label and KCSB picks.

The other one the store picked up at the same time was "The Rapture", 10.5 yes which I liked more.

I envy your access to those bottles. 

Until I happily proven wrong, probably the best place for store picks in Houston. If only they could get a spot on the BT and HH picks.

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

First bottle of 4R is down.  Really surprised how much I liked this one. 

IMG_3771.JPG

Which recipe was it?

Nothing special, but emptied another bottle of HH6yrBIB tonight. Why it took me so long to realize how good this bourbon was I have no idea. But I am sure glad I did!!

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

First bottle of 4R is down.  Really surprised how much I liked this one. 

No reason to be surprised.  Those private selects are usually delicious.

Finished this off today.  Never really warmed up to this one as a sipper, but it made a good mixer.  Doubt I will re-buy, however...too many others that I like better.

Bulleit.jpg

5 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Finished this off today.  Never really warmed up to this one as a sipper, but it made a good mixer.  Doubt I will re-buy, however...too many others that I like better.

Bulleit.jpg

I found it rather hilarious that while touring bulleit (Stizel-Weller), they kept talking (during the tasting) about what a great mixer regular bulleit was, basically it was their only real selling point.

:)

I liked the rye best.  No surprise.  Its MGP.

Since we are nearing the fall releases and September 2nd is next week, I figured it was time for my bottle of OFBB from 2016 to be empty in hopes of finding a replacement in the coming weeks. Who knows what will happen, but we will see that is for sure.

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

I found it rather hilarious that while touring bulleit (Stizel-Weller), they kept talking (during the tasting) about what a great mixer regular bulleit was, basically it was their only real selling point.

:)

I liked the rye best.  No surprise.  Its MGP.

Did you get nosy and poke around in their rickhouse? It's amazing what secrets are revealed to those who recognize the various DSP numbers. 

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Did you get nosy and poke around in their rickhouse? It's amazing what secrets are revealed to those who recognize the various DSP numbers. 

Unfortunately not.

My group was rather large, and I basically stood right outside the door of the "open" rickhouse, "listening" to the guide.

I noticed they had set up carts & other junk as barricades in the aisle to keep people in the area they wanted you to stay in, which was lots of new fill barrels.

I would have snuck back in later, but the wife wanted lunch.

I also just kinda wanted to soak in the place as it was my first time there.  

Hauntingly beautiful. :)

Finished this one off.  Noise about overhyping/ Dickel/ vitamins be damned, this was a Great bottle.  Thankful I have more.

WIN_20170826_224907.JPG

Finished this one off.  Noise about overhyping/ Dickel/ vitamins be damned, this was a Great bottle.  Thankful I have more.
WIN_20170826_224907.thumb.JPG.b51040d0131b414985fca05e7324f67a.JPG

I'll say that it is a bit overpriced, but batch #11 is some fine bourbon. I have a couple and wished I had bought a few more when I had the chance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.