Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Best picture on this entire thread ! 

I bet that was the best bottle of Turkey 101 you've ever had...

Yes it tasted great alright.  It was almost like I was drinking WT Tribute or 1998 or one of the other legendary pours I've never been lucky enough to try.  The 101 suited me just fine while I was there.  Back home again now, it was a great trip though.

35 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yes it tasted great alright.  It was almost like I was drinking WT Tribute or 1998 or one of the other legendary pours I've never been lucky enough to try.  The 101 suited me just fine while I was there.  Back home again now, it was a great trip though.

A couple years ago I spent 2 weeks in China - a bourbon wasteland. The only whiskey I could find was JD and I couldn't do it. Finally, on our last night we stayed at a hotel in Shanghai that catered to American businessmen and they had..........JB White Label. That was it. But I had some out of the only glass available - a wine glass. And after two weeks being dry? That was some of the best bourbon I'd ever had.

1 hour ago, jvd99 said:

Hawks are looking old and if not that, a bunch of pus***s.  Can't believe they were rubbed out so easily.  

Jim, this is the worst I have seen the Hawks look in a long time. The slide started at the end of the regular season and they couldn't right the ship. Give Nashville their credit for playing well and Renne looked invincible at times, but there was zero life to that team for most of 4 games. Worse part about it, I have to tell the 5 year old their season is over in the morning. I expect tears at breakfast. :(

8 hours ago, elmossle said:

Jim, this is the worst I have seen the Hawks look in a long time. The slide started at the end of the regular season and they couldn't right the ship. Give Nashville their credit for playing well and Renne looked invincible at times, but there was zero life to that team for most of 4 games. Worse part about it, I have to tell the 5 year old their season is over in the morning. I expect tears at breakfast. :(

The Preds were impressive for sure, they played great playoff hockey and the Hawks played scared.  Time for some major moves I think.  I wouldn't mind taking a hard look at some of our aging stars and seeing if they need to be traded or unloaded.  We need to get younger, faster, bigger and meaner.  We'll see.  Should be an interesting off season.  And I don't envy your task of breaking the bad news to the littles ones.  

The defense looked old, and running the top line so hard caused the second two goals. They were tired in the preds zone and didn't backcheck hard enough. That caused the Sissons goal and the second Josi goal

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

37a221e429197b1d976e7497642933ac.jpgbda99126b9849a44975a84208aad9ac5.jpg

Knocked a few of these down on a flight from Hong Kong to LAX. Due to late arrival in HK I missed my flight to Dallas but got these as a conciliation. Now I have to fly from LAX to DFW making this my 4th flight on his Trip. And to make it worse there was nothing good at the duty free shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37a221e429197b1d976e7497642933ac.jpgbda99126b9849a44975a84208aad9ac5.jpg

Knocked a few of these down on a flight from Hong Kong to LAX. Due to late arrival in HK I missed my flight to Dallas but got these as a conciliation. Now I have to fly from LAX to DFW making this my 4th flight on his Trip. And to make it worse there was nothing good at the duty free shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e750661bf521c9e7b9a25ab56d0f3bc4.jpg

Don't worry bud, I got your back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, flahute said:

A couple years ago I spent 2 weeks in China - a bourbon wasteland. The only whiskey I could find was JD and I couldn't do it. Finally, on our last night we stayed at a hotel in Shanghai that catered to American businessmen and they had..........JB White Label. That was it. But I had some out of the only glass available - a wine glass. And after two weeks being dry? That was some of the best bourbon I'd ever had.

Interesting story and yes I can relate to that.

I can

Thanks for sharing.

As for EC12, here's another ECBP still running at one bottle every 3-4 weeks, always yummy!

3e130c29c43cd21231188b1497090d7c.jpg

Finished a HW Campfire last night - one of those slightly odd whiskies that I don't find myself in the mood for terribly often, but when the mood strikes - delivers like nothing else.

The empty will be spared the trash - I remember the night I bought it and met David Perkins, and we chatted about this particular batch and the different oak used (and did a SBS with another batch).  Unfortunately drinking a lot of whiskey dulls the details, but I really appreciated his taking the time.  For all the bitching we may day about the direction some things are headed - I like having the reminder that this industry is blessed with more than its fair share of true believers (and while geeks like us aren't a huge market share, we're not forgotten).

IMG_20170423_065927.thumb.jpg.18e08f052162e931ee1be9ad7b8495a3.jpg

Killed a great mingle bottle today.  I was getting down to the last 1/3 or so of a few EC bottles (all delicious mind you!) when I decided to see what a mingle of the three might be.  It was really delicious.  This included approximately 1/3 of a bottle of the GBS Inaugural Barrel (not the BP one), an EC18, and an ECBP.  I really enjoyed all of those bottles individually (although the EC18 was my least favorite I think), but combined they were really tremendous.  Only wish I had more of the components to blend a few more!

IMG_20170423_163338.thumb.jpg.5a7463d3908b31e5f46f3a7a5ac20073.jpg

FR SiB BS PS OESO bottle kill today.  I've been working on this one over the last couple years.  It was a very good one.

OESO-bottle-kill.jpg

Old Ezra 101 7 Year (New Label) . . . went pretty fast . . . will be picking up another at MDL for $16.99 . . . excellent value.

While I was in Bardstown I picked up a few bottles of HH6BIB, and it was a great pour for $13/750ml.  It would probably be my well pour if it were distributed in Minnesota.

IMG_9448.JPG

Goodbye. I was quite excited the day I found you and brought you home. But after repeated visits I found you a little lacking in complexity. I'll move on to bigger and more flavorful bottles. Sometimes the thrill of the hunt is all that remains.a34c3c4bdc6b12a38aa903731c736184.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Old 750ml bottle of WSR hit the recycle bin last night - meh pour that's not worth much more than $19.99 (good thing I have lots o' L&K WA107 bunkered).  Poured the last of it into an empty Hillrock Solera Bourbon bottle with an equal amount of OGD114 that should brighten it up a bit (hope, hope).   :lol:

Another one bites the dust....a good one at that.IMG_0621.thumb.JPG.77ddc3edffefe79b70fc3dc7a722ce64.JPG

Looks like your dog is eyeballing that pour!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

You turned into something glorious and I'm glad you were a 1.75. Thy will be missed

20170426_214030.jpg

Old 750ml bottle of WSR hit the recycle bin last night - meh pour that's not worth much more than $19.99 (good thing I have lots o' L&K WA107 bunkered).  Poured the last of it into an empty Hillrock Solera Bourbon bottle with an equal amount of OGD114 that should brighten it up a bit (hope, hope).   :lol:

I think you'll be happy with that blend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finishing this bottle, It was wonderful, too bad I can't find it anymore. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

IMG_8301.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.