Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I think those of us that use the term 'handle' use it to denote the size/quantity (1.75 L).    Personally I like the moniker; 'Family-Sized'.  ... Also used to describe a 1.75 Liter container.

I crack a smile every time I see "Family-Sized".  There are many "handles" that don't have actual handles:  Larceny as you mentioned, Knob Creek, Elijah Craig, any of the Weller (excluding WLW of course although I'd love a handle of that!), Willett Pot Still, Eagle Rare, etc.  I'm sure there are many I'm missing.

Good bye to a nice little wheated sipper.

You were like a lot of my old girlfriends, not real complex with not that great of a body. You kept me entertained to the end, but I'm moving on to better things.;)

20170120_152334.jpg

1 hour ago, M1marksman said:

Good bye to a nice little wheated sipper.

You were like a lot of my old girlfriends, not real complex with not that great of a body. You kept me entertained to the end, but I'm moving on to better things.;)

20170120_152334.jpg

Haha nice

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, bigtoys said:

5bbbae0e-3d32-4576-804c-6cbd0b451361_zps

luckily, a trip to the basement provides instant relief. not sure when I ran out of the Fine Oak, but I'm glad I had a back up. Not gonna replace the Superstition just yet to free up a slot in the bar. I have a Jura Prophecy open. Don't need another peaty Scotch.

1915f725-94ee-41da-a952-c0440cb4f43d_zps

Tasty, just finished a bottle of Lagavulin 200th anniversary 8 year and need to pick up another bottle to stash away before its gone.  Have a bottle of Balvenie First Fill and some Lagavulin 16 year to crack open shortly!  I need to try that Balvenie DW.   Been taking a little time off from the Bourbon and going back to Scotch, including Islay's. 

Edited by Malakai432

Sad to finish these bottles off, but on to other things! Two 100 proof Four Roses store selects. ECBP, KC2001, and ORVW

IMG_8716.JPG

2 hours ago, Jazz Nut said:

Two 100 proof Four Roses store selects. ECBP, KC2001, and ORVW

Wow, that's quite the party you had there!  

A 1L of WT Rye 101 bit the dust tonight.  I had an overwhelming desire for Manhattans, and there is nothing finer than WT and Dolins when speed is of the essence.  EDIT - Especially when you're having more than one.B)  Edit2 - While doing taxes.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

A 1L of WT Rye 101 bit the dust tonight.  I had an overwhelming desire for Manhattans, and there is nothing finer than WT and Dolins when speed is of the essence.  EDIT - Especially when you're having more than one.B)  Edit2 - While doing taxes.

Well now we know why you needed more than one.........and fast.

e1f683fd82a7ed487a828eeef5fa0cff.jpg
It is with great sadness that I post this.....good thing I have a few in the bunker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hop said:

Killed off a 375 grenade of Blanton's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

15 minutes ago, flahute said:

Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

I love it Steve! One of many great scenes from a classic movie and something that pops into my head occasionally when pouring a Blanton's. (Mrs Vosgar, however, thinks it's one of the dumbest movies ever made and refuses to watch it)

Back in the days when you rented the VHS PLAYER and got 3 movies for the weekend in the bundle, MPATHG was always one of the three.

Always have time for people with Python quotes permanently stored in their heads!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.