Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

An ER10 bit the dust. Good thing I picked one up today. Actually this one probably wouldn't have been emptied tonight if I hadn't.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:51 AM, Richnimrod said:

Awwww, I feel your pain, Old Dusty.    Some stellar stuff in those HHSS bottles.    I'm wondering to myself how the 'shelf' version, available at the gift shop, compares.    Pricey; but I am considering scooping one anyway.

Is the Heaven Hill gift shop part of the "Bourbon Heritage Center" or in the distillery itself? Are there 2 separate ones?  Never been there.  Does the Louisville Evan Williams Experience also have other Heaven Hill gift shop only bottles?

There are two gift shops. One at the BHC in Bardstown which is on the campus of the warehouse and bottling facility. The second (and newer one) is inside the EW Bourbon Experience on Whiskey Row in Louisville. The distillery (Bernheim) is out to the west of downtown in Shively. The gift shop only bottles can be found at both places but not always identical inventory. 

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Goodbye my tasty little friend...

you were really delicious.

IMAG1790.jpg

I haven't opened mine yet, could you taste the gingerbread or cocoa? I can't even imagine what the gingerbread/cocoa beer would taste like.

Goodbye my tasty little friend...
you were really delicious.

IMAG1790.thumb.jpg.5cc520419992532acd33b781f01d08b3.jpg

I've never heard of the bourbon, but I love the art on the empty bottle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

I haven't opened mine yet, could you taste the gingerbread or cocoa? I can't even imagine what the gingerbread/cocoa beer would taste like.

I believe that Hardywood ages their Kentucky Christmas Morning (a Gingerbread Stout) in A Smith Bowman Barrels and then this release was finished in these barrels after the beer was bottled.  So the Gingerbread was from the beer previously aged in the barrels, but I think that the cocoa in the name was just based on a tasting note.

This was one that I was bummed to have missed out on (couldn't make it to the distillery that day and I lost out on the lottery).  

11 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I believe that Hardywood ages their Kentucky Christmas Morning (a Gingerbread Stout) in A Smith Bowman Barrels and then this release was finished in these barrels after the beer was bottled.  So the Gingerbread was from the beer previously aged in the barrels, but I think that the cocoa in the name was just based on a tasting note.

This was one that I was bummed to have missed out on (couldn't make it to the distillery that day and I lost out on the lottery).  

PM me your address, I'll send you a sample when I open it

4 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

So this one is kind of hard to explain.

It's weird at first.  You kind of regret buying it.....but keep drinking......let it get some air.

By glass two it starts to get really good and hard to put down.

The cocoa taste I would describe as very similar to the "delicate chocolate" flavors I get from Weller 12 and more so from Van Winkle Lot B 12yr.

The "gingerbread" comes through as a gentle but firm spice that chases the chocolate across your tongue and down your throat.

Shamefully I drank this bottle in about 3 sittings.  Just couldn't put the darn thing down once I got going.  It was so darn good to me.  Also, its only a 375ml....

Luckily I have another one stashed away for winter next year.

Edited by 0895

4 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I've never heard of the bourbon, but I love the art on the empty bottle.

Yes, agreed. 

I found it humorous that when the bottle was about half full, it looked like he was wading in a bourbon pond up to his knees!

Having a hard time deciding to keep or toss the bottle :)

6 minutes ago, Hop said:

Emptied the Blanton's after a couple more pours.

"Atta boy Luther!" :)

Cheers! joe

On 2/9/2017 at 1:13 AM, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

PM me your address, I'll send you a sample when I open it

Thank you. That is very generous. 

Starting February finishing off some low
fills1caab0ece2551a7f171da930d03f1208.jpg

This single barrel Old Forester from MoCo just kept getting better and better.

6 hours ago, stoopsie said:

Starting February finishing off some low
fills1caab0ece2551a7f171da930d03f1208.jpg

This single barrel Old Forester from MoCo just kept getting better and better.

I thought we were going to do a SBS!! Good to know it was hit!

A bottle of Rittenhouse gave up its life for a couple Sazeracs tonight.  Good thing I ran across this one on the clearance shelf last week.

20170214_195158-747x1328.jpg

11 minutes ago, Clueby said:
A bottle of Rittenhouse gave up its life for a couple Sazeracs tonight.  Good thing I ran across this one on the clearance shelf last week.
20170214_195158-747x1328.thumb.jpg.e0328478beb0c90da44d9b8c01248e62.jpg

That's a great trio in your picture and a helluva a clearance shelf score.

Edited by OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
Correct autocorrect errors

02672d4fbeeff3234332f3acceeb7f28.jpg
This one bit the dust tonight after a long long week of work. This guy will be replaced!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love finishing a bottle.
Tonight I helped "clean up" @ a favorite bar.

IMAG1819.thumb.jpg.371864e7714f728fd60f89cb8694f9de.jpg

With that great trio, I can see why it is a favorite bar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.