Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know that Jefferson's is not highly respected, but I enjoyed this bottle (although I think it priced $10 too high).
e15c63a7f430f821a8edcb69d5b21899.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

A few empties 

IMG_0522.JPG

That look like the aftermath of the greatest party EVER!

Just a few I keep on that ledge going to the basement.  I throw one out if I want to add a new one.  It's a sampling from over a few years.  I wish it was from one night :o

1 minute ago, DeepCover said:
This was such a great bottle.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd0a614c31a7797f15b50e86bcf783f9.jpeg

I bet.

When I drank some from my father-in-law's bottle last night, there was a very strong spiced apple cider aroma to it. 

I hope to catch a bottle 'in the wild' around here so I can enjoy it more frequently.

Edited by OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel

18 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I bet.

When I drank some from my father-in-law's bottle last night, there was a very strong spiced apple cider aroma to it. 

I hope to catch a bottle 'in the wild' around here so I can enjoy it more frequently.

I've tried about 5 different bottles of EH Taylor single barrel and this one was sweeter than the others. In a blind taste test, I probably would've pegged this as a wheater.

16 hours ago, DeepCover said:

I've tried about 5 different bottles of EH Taylor single barrel and this one was sweeter than the others. In a blind taste test, I probably would've pegged this as a wheater.

Maybe you got a seasoned wood with the wrong label.... :)

Finished a regular bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel this evening. Sometimes you forget just how good the regular stuff is.

Finished a regular bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel this evening. Sometimes you forget just how good the regular stuff is.

I had forgotten how good it tastes until I had some at the tasting after the Four Roses Distillery tour today.
I emptied a bottle several months ago. I need to buy another one.

On 2/27/2017 at 7:55 PM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I know that Jefferson's is not highly respected, but I enjoyed this bottle (although I think it priced $10 too high).

Same here - I gladly emptied a bottle, and it compared favorably with the rest of the top shelf. 

Edited by musekatcher

I opened a 4RSB bottle I didn't really care for a few months ago, and haven't made much progress. The first 2 were amazing. This one is one dimensional.

Thought I sent bottles of BT and JJ Bowman to the recycle bin but I found them soaking to remove the labels so it appears my wife has other plans...

Thought I sent bottles of BT and JJ Bowman to the recycle bin but I found them soaking to remove the labels so it appears my wife has other plans...

Those John J Bowman bottles are handsome. I can see why she has other plans for the bottle.

9000243e3b4162dc01352a7d1e0bf5fe.jpg

Opened this to start a bourbon inventory. Fruity and cotton candy dominated this one. Great selection. [emoji3]

9000243e3b4162dc01352a7d1e0bf5fe.jpg

Opened this to start a bourbon inventory. Fruity and cotton candy dominated this one. Great selection. [emoji3]

Great photo.

10 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

I opened a 4RSB bottle I didn't really care for a few months ago, and haven't made much progress. The first 2 were amazing. This one is one dimensional.

...4R donations accepted....just sayin.... ;)

I'll join the club in killing off a CEHT single barrel, before dinner no less - these are always solid

IMG_0525.JPG

I'll stay in the BT distillery catagory with an empty bottle of Weller 12y.

IMG_1338.thumb.JPG.98a591af360f94c3f6f699e910882f41.JPG 

b134bdac69d700f3e74048eab143384d.jpg

One of my daily drinkers made its way to the recycle bin. I always have an open 4RYL in the liquor cabinet. It is a wonderful all round bourbon.

20 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I'll stay in the BT distillery catagory with an empty bottle of Weller 12y.

IMG_1338.thumb.JPG.98a591af360f94c3f6f699e910882f41.JPG 

Don't forget. You can refill that with WSR and sell it online for $300 if you can reseal it. ????

Bottle of KCSB store select from Westport Whiskey & Wine hit the end of the road this evening. It was good to the very last drop and I am happy I grabbed two and can revisit this with the second bottle at a later date and time.

Lately I have between drinking Bulleit bourbon, and liking it. This was not always the case. This one will be replaced.3047b392ec28fbee870acaab913095d8.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.